AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a weird problem with my Comcast ReplayTV, which I just got Thursday night. I've recorded a few shows, watched them and then deleted them. Currently I have one 2-hour movie stored on there at standard quality. I have a bunch of guaranteed recordings coming up, and I know that takes up space. But tonight, after watching 2 separate one-hour shows, and then deleting each one, I had LESS free disk space than when I started. Before watching the first show I had about 10 hours of free space at standard quality, according to the guide. After deleting the first 1-hour show (recorded at medium), I suddenly was told I had 4 1/2 hours of space. Then I watched another 1-hour show (standard quality) and deleted it, and now it says I have 3 1/2 hours of space at standard quality left. How can deleting shows be chewing up space instead of freeing it up?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I know this is confusing, but the free space message in the Replay guide doesn't show the amount of free space.

It shows the amount of available guaranteed space. Deleting a non-guaranteed show does not change that value.

To see how much space is truly free, view live TV and press pause. It will display the amount of high quality space is available. Triple it for standard quality.

Robert

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.