AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody tried the new Delhi antennas now carried by Stark?

Or compared them to Channel Master?

They appear to be log-periodic antennas, with some super

gain specs, and nice polar plots. The big one seems around

20 feet long.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
I just checked the Stark Delhi VU-937SR page. It's 19 feet actually (194" plus 33.5" for the optional UHF power zoom parasitic element). Assuming the boom's U-bolt assembly is fixed, did your friend notice any boom balance problem when the power zoom extension is added?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, I talked a friend into trying the Delhi, as he insisted on an all channel. He got the big one with the UHF high band booster.

So far it looks pretty great. It has a front directivity that is too broad for some but gain seemed to meet or exceed the specs, and we measured F/B ratios consistently between 15 and 30 db.

This antenna is huge. Carrying it up to the roof it reached half-way up the 40 ft ladder!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Garrett Adams:
I just checked the Stark Delhi VU-937SR page. It's 19 feet actually (194" plus 33.5" for the optional UHF power zoom parasitic element). Assuming the boom's U-bolt assembly is fixed, did your friend notice any boom balance problem when the power zoom extension is added?
Didn't notice any big inbalance. The extension is very narrow and light. The balance point may have been a compromise. Anyway it was no worse than some fixed length yagi's I have used that were slighly out of balance at the mounting pt. Also, with the double boom, each has a mast

clamp, to help hold it horizontal.

[This message has been edited by jhe (edited 10-09-2001).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.