AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw this on the Andandtech. Dell SB just dropped the price on these from $1,399 to $999 and there is a 20% off monitors and a 5% coupon through 12/11/02.

I was planning to get an 18", but I decided to jump up to the 20 at this price.

Total for me was $819.97, but that's including our huge TN sales tax. People without sales tax were getting them for about $750.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
The best part about this is the guys who bought 25-30 screens on the "buy 2 get one free" promo and will now have to sell them at a loss. I say this because the promo (a) obviously presaged a price drop and (b) wasn't designed to support the profiteers.

LOL!

Mark

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Hi Guys,

Seven, you did me in!!! :eek:

Couldn't resist the temptation - placed that order... using the additional 5% coupon it came to the same price as a 15 incher this side of the pond. :rolleyes:

Here's the coupon: 5% off coupon 72CAD81454CE [Exp 12/11] for an effective 24% off. It worked for me, don't forget to click on "APPLY COUPON" once you've typed/pasted in the number.

Nice thing is, if I find dead pixels or just don't like it, I can return it at no cost. Extra cool. :cool:

·
Super Moderator
21,497 Posts
GEE WHIZ

just bought several of these for my business at 20% off old list price:

I could not believe my eyes when I saw the new price!

Most are still in receiving so back they go to Dell

Thanks guys for the scoop

Mark

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, that's what I thought too. I needed a new TV for my bedroom, I'll just get a tuner/PVR card and use this baby instead. :)

I'm just glad I finally got in on a good deal and was able to share it with others.

·
Registered
202 Posts
mark, just call up dell to arrange return. explain why you want to return them and they will make you an offer. if they don't offer right away, just keep insisting you want to return them because you've found a better deal. they do this routinely to avoid cost of returns and re-selling. you should be able to get back the difference between what you paid and the new price minus discount. it's a lot cheaper for them and easier for you to just keep the units you already have...

(i found this out when i attempted to retun a laptop. turned out the laptop was a little too bulky for my fiancee's tastes, so i tried to return it. they came back and offered me $200 to keep the laptop i had already got a great deal on! the ~$1500 msrp laptop ended up costing me $750, so how could i refuse? i turned around and sold it to a friend. everybody's happy... :)

good luck! do this TODAY before the huge discount goes away...

btw: i just ordered a 200fp myself. crazy not to at today's price!

·
Super Moderator
21,497 Posts
Thank you so much !

I just got a $1700.00 credit from Dell!

I owe you guys a drink!

Mark:D

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Another noteworthy thing about this is that the monitor is generally considered to be a fabulous piece of equipment. It suggests that it should be fairly easy to sell a 40" at 4x that price (4x the real estate, but I believe even fewer pixels on the Samsung, e.g.). That'd be a nice piece. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.