AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a newbie here. I don't know if this is the right place to post this question.

I recently purchased a Dell 29" Monitor - 21:9 Aspect Ratio -and was wondering how to watch blu-ray movies with 2.35:1 aspect ratio without seeing black bars at the top and bottom. Both PowerDVD and Total Media Player play movies this way.

·
Registered
9,510 Posts
Did the monitor come with a driver disk?

Otherwise, Entech's Powerstrip can let you build a custom aspect ration and resolution if your video card is supported. (Be careful with selected settings as you could potentially

damage your display with incorrect settings.)

·
Registered
6,604 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriMercer  /t/1470276/dell-29-monitor-21-9-aspect-ratio#post_23253218

I'm a newbie here. I don't know if this is the right place to post this question.

I recently purchased a Dell 29" Monitor - 21:9 Aspect Ratio -and was wondering how to watch blu-ray movies with 2.35:1 aspect ratio without seeing black bars at the top and bottom. Both PowerDVD and Total Media Player play movies this way.

PowerDVD12 has an adjustment to get get rid of those bars. The adjustment control is located just to the right of the audio volume button.

·
Registered
8,958 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriMercer  /t/1470276/dell-29-monitor-21-9-aspect-ratio#post_23253218

I recently purchased a Dell 29" Monitor - 21:9 Aspect Ratio

Awesome! Do you know what the rez is and if it will support 2560 x 1080 inputs?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.