AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I logged onto dell.com/small business, and found out that they have 20% off their software/peripherals. Thus, the 3200MP DLP projector is now $1600 plus tax. I think this is a good deal.

Does anyone knows if they have 30 days return policy in their small business sector also?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Quote:
Does anyone knows if they have 30 days return policy in their small business sector also?
Called Dell this morning, and received confirmation that it also has their 30 satisfaction guarantee. So far very good!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Why is it when I do the math that it seems like dell.ca won't give us Canadians the same deal as dell.com?. 3200mp is $1999 US and should = $2843 Canadian but dell.ca charges us $3499, and there is no 20% discount. I think I'd be better off ordering it from the US and maybe get

away without paying duty being it's a computer display.The cost would be

about $2300 plus GST and PST.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
This is NOT a very good home theater projector. I have the Dell 2100mp which I am very happy with the picutre but the 3200 is a different animal. The specs are imprsive but it is really a presentation projector.
Thanks for pointing this out to me. I did not know that. Since you like the dell 2100mp for home theater application, it must have some merit to it. Could you amplify this?

Also, as 2100's native pixel count is SVGA 800x600, does it have enough horizontal pixels count for HDTV (1080i 720p) display?

Thanks much in advance.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Saying that the 3200MP isn't good for home theaters is a very subjective statement. I'm currently using one very successfully for my HTPC, and find the quality to be excellent. I'm sure their are many projectors out their that would be even better, but for the price, I think it's one of the best deals out there...

·
Registered
2 Posts
To say that the less expensive 2100 is better for home theater makes no sense to me. It's largest difference is it's 8x6 native res. By my thinking the 1024x768 of the 3200mp would better serve ht applications.

And a rant. Why haven't there been any professional reviews of this model other than the "Highly questionable" review at projector central. If anyone knows where to find one, PLEASE let me know.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I made my comment because I have seen the 3200 and I didn't think it was a very good for a HT projector. I didn't say the 2100mp was a better projector. The biggest draw back on the 2100 is that it IS SVGA. The XGA resolution would make the 3200 a very good projector for the price but I think the other defects in the picture overshadowed the higher resolution for a home theater use.

Just for my information, why is a review from projector central "Highly questionable"?

Kerry

·
Registered
35 Posts
I tested the Dell 3200 mp. It is more expensive in Canada. Dell did allow me to return it with no problems. It's not a bad projector but one of the major problems is the color wheel its only a two speed. Rainbow effects are very evident. Its color replication is also poor compared to others I tested but the key is application. If you have nothing to compare it to then you'll probably very happy with it because your eye will get used to the picture but if you would compare it head to head like I did with the sharp z90u then you will see its flaws.If you can afford the Sharp Z 90 u its far superior. Check my post called "save your nickels and dimes"

·
Registered
98 Posts
I wish there was one at the Canadian shootout.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.