AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New guy here...got a Dell 3200MP the other day, so far so good. If anyone has a question, I'll do what I can to answer it. It looks pretty good on a wall, but I'll be building a screen next.

I read a post referring to RGB settings for this projector, but I'm unable to find it - a repost or a bump would be helpful.

Glad I found this place - what a terrific resource!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
what/how do you have you sources connected? have you built your screen? size/distance/aspect? how does native 16x9 look? thanks. do you know if this PJ is HDCP compatible. i guess not since it is not mentioned.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kkramer

I've connected both directv and a dvd player through a switchbox using s-video.

Haven't tackled the screen yet -it looks so good on the wall I haven't felt pressed to build one.

Projector is about 22 ft from the wall, and am easily getting 110" or so diagonal. 16x9 looks fanatastic. Have to sit a good 12 feet away, or else it's a bit overwhelming. No screen door unless you are just a few feet away.

Tell me what would qualify it to be HDCP and I'll let ya know.

Bottom line - for the price and picture quality I am very happy with what I got. I've read some comments that make it out to be "less than", but so far it seems the naysayers haven't actually seen this one.

·
Registered
92 Posts
i will only be about 9' away from the screen with PJ away 10.5'. not sure what size image i will be looking at but somewhere in the 70-80" i imagine. HDCP is the copyright protection in DVI, so if you input HDCP signal your PJ must have the right decoder to decrypt it and display..... maybe i'll search or start a thread.... also your using S-Video so i think you are only going to get 480 lines into your PJ. are you planning to have an HD source to see what 720p/1080i look like?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kkramer

I haven't used DVI yet - but it appears the cables are included. I may give that a try soon.

As for the color wheel...it's DLP...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.