AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received a 15% E-Coupon from Dell this morning and found, what appears to be a new, projector at their site.

Looks like a few more features than the 3300 (I'm not competent to highlight the tech changes).

Regular price was not too bad but when I tried to apply the E-Coupon I went into an dead end- Looks like (whatever it is) is not available yet.

Any knowledgeable comment appreciated,

Jim

·
Registered
92 Posts
 http://www1.us.dell.com/content/prod...=04&l=en&s=bsd

Dell 4100MP Projector

Small, Light and Bright

Bright 2,200 ANSI Lumens (Max)

Super high contrast ratio of 2000:1 (Full on/Full off)

Advanced horizontal and Auto vertical Keystone and zoom capability

Eco-mode option to extend lamp life and for quieter operation

Full connectivity with multiple PC, video and RS-232 connectors

Preset and user defined video modes for optimum video and graphic settings

PIP (Picture-In-Picture) option to view multiple video sources simultaneously

Optional 5-in-1 card reader to view digital pictures and presentations directly off your projector

Supports full range of television and video standards including NTSC, PAL, SECAM and HDTV (480p, 480i, 720p and 1080i)

Monitor loop through - Allows for viewing on additional PC monitors

Interactive LCD display takes the guess work out of connecting the projector

Smart lens cap power management shuts down projector when lens cap is not removed

Up to 3-year limited warranty2 with Advanced Exchange Service3 (90 days on bulb)

Hope that helps some ... :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Wow, those are nice looking specs. XGA, DLP, and most importantly digital input. I was all but set on the BenQ PB6200, but the lack of DVI was the one dark cloud on that purchase. Now, I want to find out more about this Dell. If the color wheel is at least at least 3x, I will definitely consider waiting for reviews on the Dell. Of course, I don't have an e-coupon yet, but hopefully one will be sent to me too.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Does anyone know if this projector is native 4:3 or 16:9 I have a if it's 4:3 I assume I can't use it since I have a 119" diag. 16:9 screen which really sucks because the specs look quite good, can one show a 4:3 picture in the middle of a 16:9 screen with a 4:3 projector.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Does anyone know if this projector is native 4:3 or 16:9 if it's 4:3 I assume I can't use it since I have a 119" diag. 16:9 screen which really sucks because the specs look quite good, can one show a 4:3 picture in the middle of a 16:9 screen with a 4:3 projector.

·
Registered
35 Posts
There is a press release with more information at Projector Central. With the 4100 release, the 3200MP is now even cheaper and great value. The 4100 is aimed at business and education rather than HT. Maybe a 16:9 Dell by mid summer, based on the 4100? That would be juicy.

http://www.projectorcentral.com/news_story_646.htm

·
Registered
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by opieie
Does anyone know if this projector is native 4:3 or 16:9 if it's 4:3 I assume I can't use it since I have a 119" diag. 16:9 screen which really sucks because the specs look quite good, can one show a 4:3 picture in the middle of a 16:9 screen with a 4:3 projector.
I have the 3200MP, and although it is 4:3 native like the new 4100, I have it set to 16:9. That affects scaling, but since I plan on using either an HTPC or one of the Center Stage vid-processors it doesn't concern me.

A friend and I just setup an HT system with a 3200MP (16:9) and a Center Stage 1 video processor, and it produces awsome images/movies. It automatically scales the 4:3 format to not stretch, and regardless of the input source (component/composite/s-video/DVI) the output is set to use DVI/720p. We're getting ready to upload the 1080i settings this weekend. We'll also start experimenting with some of the other customizable features as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.