AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a Dell 7609wu in a conference room it is suppose to run at it's native resolution of 1920X1200 but on the VGA it seems to be limited to 1080P. If I try to set 1920X1200 with a Dell latitude D630 which supposedly can output that resolution (and I think it does) I end up with a squished picture and the projector saying it's getting a 1680X1050 signal. I have not tried the DVI inputs as so far we have only used laptops in the room. I'm sure I have the laptop set at the correct resolution (perhaps it's putting out something different)but could there be a frequency problem? Why would the Projector show 1680X1050 if it's getting something higher to it's port? Also my laptop supposable does not have a native 1680X1050 resolution to output???

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We tried with two different laptops and did try only using the external display so we didn't run into the clone mode problems. As I think about it, since the actual picture is squished horzontal it means the laptop is sending a wider resolution then the projector is displaying. Otherwise it would not have been a squished picuture but just 1680X1050 with black bars. I think I need to get this one back to Dell.

Chuck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts