AVS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an HDTV (Sharp LC42SB45U) from DELL, which is the same model of that was on sale during Thxgiving, at $800(tax included). Got my delivery yesterday, but it turned out to be a Sharp Aquos LC42D65U. Doing good with the TV, since this is my first LCD TV. Today I check the model online and find out that the model I have is Aquos, which is better than what I ordered, but it's a 60Hz model, while the one I ordered is 120Hz. So I get a better LCD panel with low technique. Am I right? I do not intend to return it (at least for now), just want to know if I get a better one, worse one , or a equal one.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Sharp LC42SB45U seems to be an AQUOS as well, according to some Google results. I would say you received a worse model as 60hz typically cost less than their 120hz counter-partners. Both are equal size here to boot...

According to Googles...LC42SB45U appears to be a 60hz TV as well. So you might be getting a better TV unless you somehow got a 120hz version of the TV...somehow.

http://www.provantage.com/sharp-plasma-tv~220184360.htm

·
Registered
18 Posts
You got a better TV than the one you bought. The Sharp SB series is a 60HZ with a 7500:1 Contrast Ratio while the TV you got now is a Sharp Aquos model which also has 60HZ, but it has a 10,000:1 contrast ratio.

The SB series is not part of the Sharp Aquos line, but it is indeed a Sharp LCD TV. The D65U model that you have is part of the Sharp Aquos line. The only Sharp LCD TVs that have 120HZ right now are the D85Us, Special Edition94Us, D92Us, and D82Us.

You lucked out that you got a better TV than you paid for.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I'd just keep it. Once I had to RMA a defective monitor, and they just sent me a replacement and said they'd take back the other one, which they never did. I ended up giving it away. I think in the overall scheme of things, paying to ship the wrong TV back and shipping you the right one probably causes them to lose more money than if you just kept the one you have.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I agree with wreckshop. Obviously I don't think we should rip off vendors, but often when they run out of one item, they ship another which is a reasonable substitution, and in your case it's probably what they had and needed to sell. Shipping, etc. would cost them more than the difference I'm sure.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Im sure dell know's what they sent you. They probably had know 45u's in stock and probably had a long delay time getting them back in stock. so they sent you a different model thats slightly better and the may not made as much money on this deal but your satisfied and thats all they care about =)

·
Registered
28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by allheart /forum/post/15438412

You guys' reply make me feel really better XD. And here I got one question: does anyone know if I can set 1920x1080 on 65u when I hook it up to a computer?

You can only set full res on a HDMI connection. The VGA connection only goes up to 1600x1200 (which obviously won't look right since the set doesn't have 1200 vertical pixels). When I hook my computer up I use a DVI to HDMI cable I got from monoprice.com. I get full res at 1920x1080 and it looks fantastic. Make sure you have the view set correctly at 1:1 pixel (can't remember what the actual mode is called, but it's easy to figure out, just hit the view mode on the remote).

You definitely got a nice set. I love mine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.