Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first unit from Dell has arrived.

My Panasonic th pwd 42uy just got to my house off the Fedex truck.

I have been waiting for my order to be filled since the beginning of September.

Now I have to survive the work day before trying to assemble things tonight.

Looks like I'm off to get a bnc to rca connector at lunch time.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Plasmacrack,

Yes, there is some humming. To me it is similar to my PC monitor and not bothersome (but I will keep listening to see if it gets louder over time).

What is more of an issue to my wife is the fan in the TU HDS 20 tuner

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
FWIW, my Pioneer 503CMX ordered from Dell was shipped direct from the distributor (Electrograph) via FedEx freight, double-boxed (by Pioneer) and on a pallet. No problems.

I think that if it is on a pallet, it's not going to get banged around too much, simply because it's always moved by machine, and it would be hard to "toss around" such a massive item.

Alex

·
Registered
925 Posts
fyi - spoke with paul gilmore at projection1 today, and in the wake of DELL's questionable shipping policies, he says he can do some great deals on the 503s.

http:/ www.projection1.com/

paul's a good guy. search the archive for references.

doody.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Ya gotta love Dell. Today they email to tell me that my 503 is going to be delayed till the 9th of Nov. Two hours later my wife calls to tell me that they just delivered the new plasma. She said it was extremely well packed and on a pallet. I just might have to leave work early today. I had originally ordered a 42" panny, but the waiting was getting to be too much so Dell honored the 20% discount on the new 503CMX.

Gabe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.