AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got of the phone with a manager at Dell online sales. He told me, well more like yelled at me, that they are no longer allowing customers that ordered items with discounts to change orders. The Panasonic is NO LONGER a promised item according to him. So I "Should" cancel my order. I would not be allowed to switch to the NEC unless there was another promotion going on for 20%. And he did go on to say that they are likely to exclude monitors from future 20% discounts.

Well, put that in your pipe and smoke it!

I guess 1K off a plasma was too good to be true.

·
Registered
598 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

They shipped it on Monday....after having told me that I should cancel my order because it was not likely to ship this year.

I think I am going to eat the shipping back to dell and keep both (I got the NEC through small business 20%) units around for comparing.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Are you sure that you can return it through small business? I'm 99% sure that there's a 30-day no-restocking-fee return policy with the home division, but the small business policy was unacceptable to me. Maybe a 15% restocking fee, which is not so hot with plasma prices.

Alex

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.