AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the new Dell 19" LCD TV? What about the 23"? I am looking for an HDTV ready LCD TV which can also act as a decent monitor. Dell seems to be a good choice so far but I haven't been able to find any reviews.

Any recommendations?

thx

Jai

· Registered
167 Posts
Also looking for reviews of 23 & 26" DELL LCD TV's

· Registered
15 Posts
I know if you check out cnet.com, they have reviews for the 19 and 23 inch dell models. They also have a preview of the new 26 inch model. I think the 26 inch model would probably be the best bet since it is basically the newer version of the 2 smaller one and looks better designed. I was going to buy the 26 inch version but after checking out reviews on other lcd tv's I decided to buy the 32 inch Sharp aquos tv (Sharp LC-32G4U)

· Registered
604 Posts
I took the effort to wire component video plus L-R analog audio to a 17" version of this unit in our kitchen from the den where the sources reside.

Though we are very pleased with the overall quality, mostly we like the footprint. It has every possible input, a swivel, tilt and telescope base and sufficient brightness. Like most other LCDs it is a compromise in terms of black level but it isn't too bad for fixing dinner and catching HD content.

For computer use 1280 x 1024 is marginal resolution nowadays, but for casual surfing and email use it would be fine.

I would recommend it as we use it, but as I said, it would be too low res for my desktop.

I understand it is a Phillips OEM.

regards,

patrick

· Registered
1,152 Posts
i noticed this weekend that the big 10 uses a dell lcd as the monitor for the replay official.

so much for all the garbage about "pixelization", etc you read in here from certain moles.

· Registered
117 Posts
Isn't the huge downside of the Dell LCDs the horizontal and vertical viewing angles?

I am shopping for a 20-30" LCD for my bedroom and have done some basic research and the Dell has something like and 85 degree H and V viewing angle vs. 150 or so for the Sharp LCDs. I think you can see the Dell at greater than 90 degree angles but the picture darkens significantly.

I guess if you have an application where you are using the Dell TV mostly as a desk top computer monitor this is fine but for TV viewing 80-90 degree viewing angles would seem as serious limitation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.