AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dell just called me unprompted (odd) and told me that the projector would ship "on or before August 13th."

-lenny

------------------

-l

·
Registered
50 Posts
I called Dell on Thursday and got a ship date of 8-9 on mine. My guess is that it will be somwhere in between. Who wants to be the guinee pig to find out the best screen for this projector? I was thinking Da-mat 1.0 or HC 0.8 in a 72x96.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I would use blockout fabric (one in the fabric's basic white, one painted gray--see Screens forum) and experiment before I plunked money down on a screen. For one thing, even though I expect the video processing to be super on the 530, the contrast of 400:1 may be disappointing on such a bright machine. An Infocus tech admitted to me that the 530's contrast was not quite as strong as on the LP350 (I hope he didn't know what he was talking about). I started to preorder a 530 as well, but when I noticed that Optoma EzPro755 thread, I hesitated. Essentially the same light engine as the 530, price supposedly about the same, but 800:1 contrast.

I'm rooting for the 530, but don't be too proud to send it back if the contrast is not VERY good. There is just too much competition on the horizon. The Infocus website talks almost exclusively about business use for the 530 and doesn't play up home theater. On the other hand, why did they get Faroudja involved if they weren't interested in marketing the 530 for HT?

Lots of interesting questions here. I'll be glad to hear your views when the units arrive. And give us some nice digital pix, if possible.

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.