AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you are interested in the Infocus LP530, I think it is worth a little more wait time. I saw it and was impressed, but still need to do an extensive evaluation.

As leckian says, Infocus is a little late with this projector, they have been delayed until September. There is also likely to be quite a long list of buyers lined up for it.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Hey! now I've seen some darn good hand puppet shows in the past by teenagers sitting in the back row. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif So you can look at it this way, you are adding to the realism of your theater by perfecting this artform!

But really, I wish I had your problem. Be patient, I think this projector is going to be a good one and I can't wait to hear your reviews. It will be worth it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I ordered my LP530 from Dell with the 20% discount last month, since I was too late for the LT-150 killer price. When it came time for the projector to ship, 8-9, I called Dell to check up on it. They explained that my order had been cancelled, but they could not tell me why or by whom. Another order was input.

The second order failed to go through because they didn't use or remove the creditcard auth for the first order.

The third order went through all the way up to DELAYED.

Calling customer service 3 days in a row looked like it had finally gennerated a result, shipping date 8-14, tollerable.

8-14 - order ship date pushed out to Sept. 4. Not tollerable.

It looks like I have to go back and read all those threads about the LT-150 now. I will be looking for feedback on suitable replacements that can be purchased in the real world.

In case my message has not gotten through, I am NOT a happy camper right now. I have 8 or 9 movies on DVD that I am waiting to watch for the first time, and no HT upon which to watch it. I will have a 100" Da-Lite HC perm wall in a day or two. I hope to do a hand puppet show for my guests over the next two weeks.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Too bad about the 530 but that is due to InFocus rather than Dell but of course your order should not have been cancelled. Use this code FB9D11746EDE when you check out where it says add coupon until 9/11 at the DELL HOME & HOME OFFICE site and you will get 10% off any projector. They have the LT150 down to approx 2600. so it will still be a good savings. Just order something they have in stock.

Len

·
Registered
509 Posts
Dell just called me (unprompted) to tell me the new expected ship date was "on or before 8/24." My original ship date was "on or before 8/14."

------------------

-l

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did your LP530 show up today? I was told the same date by CDW that you were told by Dell but it is still not here yet. HAS ANYONE GOTTEN ONE YET???? Please give us some hope. I have my whole Home Theater 99% ready, Da-lite Cosmo Electrol screen, HK AVR-510 receiver, Digital Connection HTPC, speakers, sub, equipment rack, Pronto remote, projector mount kit, JUST WAITING on INFOCUS to GET THEIR ACT TOGETHER and SHIP THE 530!!!

------------------

"If you don't believe in something you will fall for anything."

·
Registered
50 Posts
I called Dell Today, 8-24, and spoke with Sgt. Shultz. They saw nothing, they heard nothing.

I called Infocus and asked sales when the lp530 would ship. They indicated that I had asked the million dollar question. They have no idea. They said that each day that passes they get closer, whatever that means.

I don't know if I want to keep waiting, or just get an LT-150 like almost everyone else already did.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Like I said earlier, it will come out eventually. Be patient. You were the one that wanted the new product. And we want you to get it and tell us all about it! So go out tonight and see a movie and relax. Go see Rat Race, it's sure to make you feel better.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
I'm not so sure I would want to jump on the Lp530 bandwagon so quick. According to Infocus it is not their yet to be released HT projector. Also, I don't think they have addressd the bigger issues with this projector, rainbows, contrast and extraneous light. I get the impression its a LP350 with higher light output and a cable break out box.

My HT room will be complete mid october, and at this point I'm planning to purchase a LT150. Even at $2400 its such a good value, I can always dump it on ebay if Infocus really does bring something to market.

Jon

·
Registered
7 Posts
E-mailed InFocus today and they said the unit is now shipping and that they intend to fill all the backorders before the end of the month (hoping they meant this month).

I still have had no update from CDW to confirm what I heard from InFocus.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Someone from Dell called me yesterday to tell me my projector would be shipped "on or before September 14th." This is the third "on or before" date.

I'm tempted to cancel it, but its such a good deal ($3750) that I can't bring myself to do it.

------------------

-l

·
Registered
7 Posts
MY LP530 SHIPPED TODAY!! Confirmed with a FedEx tracking #!! The wait is almost finally over!! It should arrive no later than 10:30am tomorrow. I ordered way back in June so I was like #2 on the backorder list at CDW.

You might want to try CDW. They claim to be Infocus' largest dealer.

I'll give everyone a review as soon as I get it in and all hooked up. I am taking Friday off to devote to installing and tweaking the projector / home theater.

Hang in there. I know you've been as patient as I have been. I'll let you know if it was worth the wait.

------------------

"If you don't believe in something, you will fall for anything."

·
Registered
6,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by WarEagle99:
MY LP530 SHIPPED TODAY!! Confirmed with a FedEx tracking #!! The wait is almost finally over!! It should arrive no later than 10:30am tomorrow. I ordered way back in June so I was like #2 on the backorder list at CDW.

You might want to try CDW. They claim to be Infocus' largest dealer.

I'll give everyone a review as soon as I get it in and all hooked up. I am taking Friday off to devote to installing and tweaking the projector / home theater.

Hang in there. I know you've been as patient as I have been. I'll let you know if it was worth the wait.

Great, I've been waiting for this review badly and hold up my LT150 purchase.

Please give us your initial impression. Many thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.