Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came back from lunch and here it is.

Just an FYI for y'all.

Now to decide what to do with it since I already got one from AVS.

------------------

Take care,

JC

[This message has been edited by jalaram (edited 07-24-2001).]

·
Registered
127 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
JC - just for kicks logon to DELL and check the status of your order.

------------------

Every man is my superior, in that I may learn from him.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
shouldn't that have been

Dell Lt150...GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!

i just called a little while ago. the sales guy told me not to expect it for a few weeks..at the minimum.

i ordered late saturday morning http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/frown.gif

about the only good thing with this delay is that i can hopefully see how the progressive scan shoot-out turns out so i'll have a better idea of what player to use w/ this

(assuming i still get it).

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Did it have a warranty card in the box?

For this and other hysteria please refer to any other LT150 thread on the site.

--Jerome

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry if it seemed like a short note, but the point was that since I received, this is a valid deal. IIRC, I ordered it on the 18th with standard shipping. Since I'm in FL, I had to pay $115 in taxes, so I paid more than most of you.

I asked on the order status site to be notified when it was shipped and was notified on Friday. However, it did not specify either the ship date or shipping method or tracking #. It was sent UPS, but the order status still hasn't been updated since Friday. The packing slip says that it came from Fort Worth, TX.

------------------

Take care,

JC

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:
Originally posted by jsaliga:
Did it have a warranty card in the box?

For this and other hysteria please refer to any other LT150 thread on the site.

--Jerome
I haven't opened it. If I decide to sell it, it's probably better if I don't.

Other LT150 thread's? Where? I haven't seen any. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

BTW, there is a mailing sticker on the side that is addressed to Tech Data Corporation in Fort Worth, TX. Me thinks that this is the company Alan spoke of.

PS - Hey, I'm in the 50+ club. Woohoo!! http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------

Take care,

JC

[This message has been edited by jalaram (edited 07-24-2001).]

·
Registered
855 Posts
Well congrats JC!

Hopefully there will be more posts like yours to follow - including mine!

Here's hoping everyone else is as fortunate.

------------------

Every man is my superior, in that I may learn from him.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Jalaram:

You're right that the order status page on the website means nada. My order status right now reads exactly the same as yours when your projector showed up. Shipped, but no tracking #, no carrier, zip. I ordered last Thursday morning with overnight delivery. I'm afraid to leave the house!

Mike

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Info from www.thestandard.com :

Quote:
Tech Data offers a wide strata of computer products and services. The company is the world's #2 distributor of microcomputer products, behind Ingram Micro. It supplies more than 75,000 different items, including printers, modems, and other peripherals (44% of sales); PCs; networking equipment; and software. Tech Data distributes products from more than 1,000 manufacturers (Compaq and Hewlett-Packard together account for 35% of sales) to more than 100,000 resellers. It has customers in more than 30 countries in the Americas, Europe, and the Middle East. The company has used acquisitions to boost foreign distribution and has created a new outsourcing division to expand its logistics management offerings.
Their stock price is up nicely. It seems hard to believe that this company would be desperate to strike a deal to move these projectors. More likely, a distributor this size may be the first to get NEC's new lower price before other dealers know about a price change.

Scott

·
Registered
599 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by srauly:
Info from www.thestandard.com :

Their stock price is up nicely. It seems hard to believe that this company would be desperate to strike a deal to move these projectors Scott
Maybe, maybe not. 1000 projectors times 1700 is 1.7 Meeelion dollars. That's a lot of money to be sitting on if your sales are down and you are having cash flow problems - I don't care how big they are.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I doubt Tech Data would want to unload that amount of projectors to a single client as they deal with many thousands of businesses and could sell the projectors very easily by running a special. As a Tech Data dealer, I can tell you my cost for the LT150 is quite substantially higher than my cost through Dell. Also, Tech Data shows 0 units in stock with about 300 on order. I would be extremely shocked if Tech Data was the distributor that unloaded the 150's.

------------------

Steve

Synergy MultiMedia, LLC

Atlanta, Georgia

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
bump

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Tech Data is the second largest distributor of computer type products, second only to Ingram Micro. That is where Dell gets them from I'm sure.

I doubt TD would have to "dump" these projectors. Distributors of that magnitude almost always have stock balancing privileges with the manufacturer. Unless of course, NEC is trying to liquidate these projectors and has given Tech Data a sweet deal.

------------------

Steve

Visit our dedicated home theater, The City Cinema.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.