AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The LT150 is available from Dell once again at $2,640.00 and there is a 20% discount available (through 1/26/2001) bringing the total to $2,112.00 (with free ground shipping). This is still an excellent price for this projector.

Looks like those of us at the $1,682.40 got a pretty good deal.

-Shawn

[This message has been edited by David Bott (edited 07-24-2001).]

·
Registered
280 Posts
Why didn't they do this on the first day? They are obviously trying to find a way to bail themselves out.

They could have canceled the $1770 orders--which they obviously don't intend to fill--then apologized abjectly and offered those customers the $2112 deal (probably Dells's cost) to smooth their feathers. I would have still been thrilled at the price, would have ordered that Dell notebook computer I've been configuring (another $2K), and said nothing but good things about the company forever.

As it is, whether I get the projector or not, I will NEVER do business with Dell again, EVER. Their handling of this fiasco has been a complete disgrace.

I wonder, if I cancelled my $1770 order (which they claim is "uncancellable"), would they actually ship me a projector at $2112? My next-day delivery now goes into the fourth "next" business day...

Mike

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"which they obviously don't intend to fill"

How do you know this?

Very few resellers stock the NEC projectors. When I called AVS last week to get in on the $2700.00 deal, I was told it would take a few days before it would actually ship out to me (no matter what shipping option I selected). I am just glad that I didn't get a call back from Jason to take my order. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

-Shawn

·
Registered
516 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Olorin:
I have finally had my third box checked on order status
When did you order?

Sam

·
Registered
280 Posts
turbe and olorin:

Within the last half-hour, my order status changed too. Same as Olorin's. Green arrow in the last box. "It's on its way!" they claim. We'll see.

Mike

P.S. I also ordered on the 19th, 11:30 a.m. central time.

[This message has been edited by catullus (edited 07-24-2001).]

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Olorin:
PROGRESS!!!!!

I have finally had my third box checked on order status http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

"Your order has completed shipping preparation and should be picked up by the carrier within one business day of the ship date, 07/24/01."

Who knows....we shall see.

-Shawn
when did you get your order in? i still haven't gotten to the third box yet and if it does go out on the 6th like has been reported, i'm screwed. i woun't be home until after labor day and then only for a couple weeks. if i happen to get a defective unit, i may not be able to view this thing until Nov.

meanwhile all the interest on my charge card just keeps racking up.

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
"-Shawn (The Other Shawn)"

Ha Ha http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

I ordered on Monday afternoon and only the first two boxes are checked on my Status... At this price, I can wait....

Can any other projector at this price compare to the LT150?

-Shawn

·
Registered
11 Posts
I ordered on the 19th around 1:00pm EDT with next day shipping and I now have the third box checked. I also called the order status line and that automated message said the order had shipped and gave me the Fed-Ex way bill number. It looks like this may happen, I'll believe it when I have the projector in my HT.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Ordered mine 7/19 7:16 p.m. Central Daylight time. Still delayed for mine (this is consistent with the 8/6 mail that I received).

What I don't understand is why it was listed as IN STOCK when I ordered, if it wasn't.

I'll be the first to say I'm not entirely happy with Dell's inconsistency. But a lot of people's unhappiness has come from unsubstantiated speculation that Dell isn't going to carry through on its obligation. I've been consistently sounding the trumpet that Dell is obligated to deliver these units - but I think a lot of the doubt in here is sheer speculation, and we do need to give Dell an opportunity to deliver these units (and if they do, we've gotten a heck of a deal, and if anything, we ought to reward Dell with additional business). Of course, if they drop the ball, we should insist on delivery of our units.

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
As usual, Imo, your's is the voice of wisdom. After reading some of the speculation I got very upset with Dell.

But I've calmed down now. It's not over yet. They still can (and hopefully will) fulfill their obligation to us.

However, should they fail to do so I'll be ready and willing to be one of your clients.

Bob Wood

------------------

~ The Sultan of Cheap ~

[This message has been edited by RobertWood (edited 07-24-2001).]

·
Registered
344 Posts
I've had some progress as well. I received an email from Dell this morning saying my original date of 7/24 will be missed and 8/6 is the new estimated ship date.

This evening I received another email saying that my order is ready to ship and will be picked up within one business day! My status on the web page has moved from 'delayed' to 'shipped' with a green arrow (no check).

Hopefully it's really on it's way.

Brian

·
Registered
40 Posts
ordered from Dell 7/23 at 8 am central. went through the business section, (which is where I bought my laptop from dell and got a better deal). I agree with Imo that all of the angst at AVS forum is internal to the forum members. Perhaps some inconsistency in their inventory and shipping data but nothing substantial has happened to suggest this isn't a real deal. Though some posts have mentioned individuals at dell who are inconsistent with their data, I have seen many people (in all walks of life) act like they know whats going on and are really just talking off the top of their heads. When I called the saleswoman was very pleasant and was happy to give me a price of $1770. I totally trust that it will arrive.

It seems pretty clear that NEC is getting rid of this model for something better just around the corner.

------------------

David

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.