AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I get this in a day earlier than the revised shipping date. I thought cool I can start playing a day early!

I hook it all up turn it on and nothing, except the fan. It goes for several seconds then the green indicator turns orange then the other one flashes red about every 6 to 8 seconds.

The manual says this means " The fan has stopped. Call your NEC dealer for service" Damn! This really sucks!! I can't even find the number for NEC and I would rather call them than Dell.

Has anyone else had trouble like this right out of the box? Also does anyone know the number to NEC. Am I doing something wrong?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Dean,

Bummer. I'm sure you've tried it, but if you haven't -- try unplugging the power cord from the wall and plugging it back in and trying the power button again.

Good luck.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestion Billy. I did however try that several times and I just did again just for good measure. Still nothing.

I did however find an 800 number on NEC's web site, after the steam stopped coming out my ears, but when I called the robot said "everyone has gone home, your SOL". ****!!

Maybe I'll try and remove the bulb housing and reseat it? I don't know I'm just grasping here now!!

I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow. I wonder how long it will take for them to send me a new one if this one is bad? Damn, this really bites!

·
Registered
665 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, so I got ahold of NEC this morning. They are sending me a new projector. Should be here Mon. or Tues. They are also sending me shipping labels for the return package. When I get them I am to call NEC back and set up a time for someone to come by my house and pick up the bad one.

I guess that answers the question as to wether or not the warranty was good.

The bright side is I have a lot of things to do this week end and if I had the projector I'm sure NONE of it would have gotten done. Always got to look on the bright side right?

Here's hoping that the replacement one works.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.