AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just checked the order status page for my LT150 at Dell. Instead of the usual "Delivery Prep" step, there is now a new step, which I am in, called "delayed". The description says:

Your order requires that items be back-ordered by our Dellware distributor. One or more items ordered is not currently on hand at the distribution facility and a new supply of the item(s) has been ordered so that we may fulfill your order as quickly as possible.

jeff

[This message has been edited by greenhut (edited 07-31-2001).]

·
Registered
127 Posts

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I'm there too. I also called today, and was told that the order status showed that it was ready to ship. The lady I talked to said she would e-mail dellware and have them expedite the order. So apparently Expedite = Delayed in "Dellanguage!" This blows. If they didn't have enough stock to meet demand, then our orders should have showed a delayed/backordered status to begin with.

**update**

I'm on the phone with dell now, they have no clue. She didn't even show it as delayed, until I pressed her. She doesn't know anything else. "I'm sorry, blah blah." I'm pressing for a shipping upgrade, because "I didn't overnight it because I needed it this weekend, and it should have shipped on the 26 or 27th, what can you do for me?" scratch that. can't even do that now, because it has passed the stage where that is available. ARGGGGGGG!

------------------

Adam

[This message has been edited by lawdawg (edited 07-31-2001).]

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am now delayed also. And this is after I was told by a Dell CSR that it had "shipped" already. My card hasn't been charged yet so I didn't really expect to see it soon anyway. I will start buying accessories when my card finally gets charged.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I am Delayed! Any movement on my order excites me. I just keep thinking they are going to cancel it. They saga continues.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My order was delayed for about a week. Then yesterday, it shifted to shipped status. No tracking number online, so I called my guy at Dell and he gave me the UPS number. It is scheduled to get here in Boston tomorrow (in New Jersey now). I'll let you know when it arrives.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I ordered online on Monday, but my order wasn't confirmed until 7/25. Things initially seemed rosy. I was told that the ship date for my 2nd day air delivery would be yesterday. Now, however, my order, too, has been delayed.

A call to Trevor Hoyle reveals that my new ship date is "7-10 days."

Waaanhh!

-yogaman

·
Registered
599 Posts
Ordered on Friday, 11 am Eastern. The Dell reps have been completely clueless ever since then. Couldn't get a ship date out of any of them. Called yesterday and got a ship date of 8/9. Checked the web today and my status had changed to Delivery Prep checked. Immediately called the automated order status, which reported that it shipped yesterday and gave me a UPS number. Should be here tomorrow.

WOOO HOOOO!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Looks like they are now shipping 7/20 orders. AAH! I ordered on 7/23, the wait continues. They keep saying they will try to ship all units out before the end of the quarter. When is the end of their quarter?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I ordered mine on 7/23 in the am and noticed that my order

also went from Delivery prep to Delayed after reading

your posts. Progress/change in the order status must mean

Dell is still planning to ship my order. Arrrgh..more

waiting !!!...BTW, I have my new 20ft VGA->component cable

currently sitting around doing nothing while waiting for

the LT150 to ship.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mine was ordered on 7/23/01, confirmed 7/24 and also sat in delivery prep for a week, It is now in delay status as well!

When I called yesterday (general Customer-Service) I was told that it was being shipped last night, now what? When I call the "robot" it informs me that it is in packaging and should ship immediately. I don't know what to belive anymore. By the way, does anyone know what the best way to sell my DL450 with 2 spare lamps would be?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Since this morning, mine just completed Delivery Prep and is awaiting Carrier Pickup (kinda sounds like a social disease...).

I ordered mine on the 19th, but due to some snafu with the web order form my cc info was not sent. So when I straightened this out the next day my order date moved to the 20th.

BTW. My ship date was supposed to be by the 25th. When I called on the 27th they expedited my order and it was supposed to ship within 24 hours.

Scott

·
Registered
774 Posts
My order has been changed from Delivery Prep to Delayed as well.

I also notice that the Dell website still shows the LT150 as being In Stock. Now there's a big surprise! :)

I'd be interested to see if anyone who orders one of these things at the higher price also has to wait, or if the more expensive versions of the projector really are in stock.

Please keep the reports of delivered projectors coming in. Gives me hope that someday I may get mine.

·
Registered
62 Posts
About the theory of price affecting shipping order, to test this I ordered one at the higher price of $2100, and in my case at least, it hasn't come any sooner than my $1700 order. I'm assuming that they're filling orders based on the numerical order of the confirmation numbers. All of my numbers are >614,700,000 and I'd be surprised if anyone else with a number that high has had theirs shipped yet.

Of course if someone reading this did have a higher number and is enjoying their new projector right now, I'd love to hear about it so that I can call up Dell and ask them what exactly is going on...

·
Registered
19 Posts
I Placed an order on 7/23. I received a call from Dell this morning telling me that my projector would not ship until 8/14. Then the guy proceeds to tell me that I can cancel my order if I want. It sounds like they are delaying orders to see if the can get some cancellations. When I ordered the guy told me they had plenty in stock.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just a quick addition. I placed an online order on the 19th too, but had to call back on the 20th to get the order number and make it into the system (apparently my online order never made it to the order number stage - I wonder how Dell makes any money at all).

Anyway, the LT150 shipped this morning. My order number is in the 613 2xx xxx series. Hope this info helps other members on this forum who are still waiting for their projector to ship.

I still can't believe this deal actually worked out for me. Of course all the downstream problems begin now - need a decent progressive DVD player, need that DA-Lite HiPower screen, need patience before everything comes together and I can spin up 5th Element one more time.

This forum has been a huge help in so many ways - my gratitude goes out to members like Grant who spread the word on the LT150 and other members who alerted us to its great price two weeks ago.

Sundar

Vancouver, Canada

·
Registered
178 Posts
After reading these posts, i was very excited that the dell status has changed, so i quickly typed in the url and my data, and ya, mine delayed, i was so happy, now back to regular scheduled broadcasts

·
Registered
127 Posts
1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.