AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about either buying a Dell W1700 for $$$, or a Dell W2300 for $$$. I know that they both have their issues, but for those prices would you buy one of them?

Thanks!

[MSRP ONLY]

· Registered
335 Posts
For under $430 after rebate you could get the Sharp LLM17W1 at Tiger Direct. It's an awesome monitor that has the TV tuner and you can use it without being connected to a computer (just like a regular LCD TV). It's widescreen also. You should check that one out...I think the Sharp is a better brand and probably a better deal.

· Registered
335 Posts
Well, I have the 15" version of this one, and that's really what I use mine for (video games, TV). The nice thing is you can use it as a TV without being hooked up to a computer, but if you wanted to use it for computer stuff you could do that as well. It's actually a great display in my opinion, but I haven't seen a Dell LCD so I can't really compare the two. The Sharp is great quality and the price is great after the rebate. You can look it up on the Tiger Direct site, but here are some details:

Display size: 17 inch TFT

Resolution: XGA 1024 x 768 dots

Colors: 16.19 million colors (6bit + FRC)

Dot Pixel Pitch: 0.289mm x 0.289mm

Brightness:

400cd/m‚Q (TV/AV Mode)

260cd/m‚Q (PC Mode)

Contrast Ratio: 600:1

AV In 1: RCA, S-Video

AV In 2: Component(Y/Pb/Pr) x 1, RCA x 1

Audio in: RCA x 2

Features

Built-in TV Tuner lets you watch television in high image quality without starting up the computer

17-inch wide-screen LCD displays beautiful and clear visual content with high brightness (400 cd/m2), high contrast (600:1) and wide viewing angles (170‹ both horizontally and vertically)

Picture-in-Picture function for working and playing (work on the big screen while watching TV on the small screen)

Slim, space-saving design for easy portability with built-in carrying handle and protective panel to protect against bumps and scratches

Sharp LCD TV lets you enjoy multimedia anywhere in your house or office

These new LCD monitors display not only PC data, but also TV programs, DVD movies and video games. The built-in TV tuner allows you to watch TV programs at the touch of a button, even when your PC is turned off.

The LL-M17W1 has a 17-inch WXGA LCD screen with high brightness and contrast as well as exceptionally wide viewing angles for crisp and clear images, regardless of where you are sitting. S-Video and standard input jacks provide flexibility in connecting DVD players or other devices to the monitor. Plus, the Picture-In-Picture function lets you work on your PC while enjoying TV or a movie in a user-selected region of the monitor (size and location adjustable).

Adjustable Screen Size

When in TV/AV mode, several screen size settings are available depending on the data source. You can enjoy TV programs in the normal 4:3 screen format. Wide Mode expands the image to fit full-screen, and Zoom Mode is best for most DVD movies.

Convenient and energy-efficient with the included hand-held remote control and Power Save mode to reduce unnecessary screen brightness and power consumption

Multiple input signals accepted including 1 x Analog PC video input, 1 x PC audio input, 1 x Composite(RCA) and 1 x S-Video video inputs, 1 x Component (Y/Pb/Pr) video input, and 2 x Composite (L/R) audio inputs. Yes, your Cable TV coaxial cable attaches directly to the monitor- what could be easier?

Complete with 5' RGB signal cable, AC adapter, power cord, 5' PC audio cable, cable clamp, CD-ROM (Utility including ICC profile for Windows and Macintosh), 12' antenna cable, remote control unit, batteries (AAA) for remote and operation manual

Cable Management

Fed up with unsightly tangled cables? The integrated cable harness neatly bundles all cables on the rear of the monitor stand.

Dimensions- 17"(w) x 7.2"(d) x 14.7"(h)

Weight- 12.9 lbs (without AC adapter & cables)

· Registered
137 Posts
We have had the Dell 17 LCD in the kithchen for the last 3 months.

Very nice HDTV the family loves it.I also use it with my lab top. For

the price you can't go wrong.Olympics, Baseball and Football look great.

Because of the HD on the Dell i was able to show the deference from

the Sony CRT it replaced.I run Voom,Cable And OTA on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.