AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am new here after finding this forum this afternoon. I wanted to share all of my issues that I have had with Dell TVs.

I first ordered a 30" Dell LCD in September '05. I started having issues where I would turn the TV on, get sound, but no picture. I would have to turn it on and off 7-10 times before I would get picture and sound together. I called Dell and after going through 2 additional 30" refurbs that were more broken, I contacted the Executive Complaint Help Line. I was credited $100 for my trouble and sent a new 32" TV.

The 32" worked great for several months and about 2 months ago, I started having constant static in the right channel. I did all of the trouble shooting that I could before I contacted Dell by their on-line chat. I am just tired of talking with the idiots in India. They agree to send me a replacement, but rather than get a 32", they sent me a 30". it turned out that my service tag was in their system as a 30", not a 32"

I argued, yelled, and screamed at these idiots for 2 weeks. I offered to send pictures with date stamps, etc. Finally, they accepted my offer and they allowed me to email the pics. They sent a replacement, but it was a 37", so I was no longer complaining.

I recently purchased an HDMI cable of about 15 ft. because my current set-up requires the longer cable. Over the past 3 weeks, I have intermitent issues with the cable box remote functioning 100% except for Volume, Mute, and Power. I have checked the codes over and over and have changed them. Aside from this, the DELL remote no longer works.

Last night, I contacted Dell again through the on-line support which is just as useless as phone support. They are sending me a new remote. I think the issue is the infrared sensor on the TV.

Has anyone had this volume control issue?

I regret the day that I ever purchased a Dell TV.

·
Registered
56 Posts
What a nightmare. Have spent more hours than I have wanted to the last 7 years with Dell customer service with my last 2 computers.

The outsourced customer service is the worst...I love when i get yelled at because I know more than their computer screen does and they get lost

·
Registered
464 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokings /forum/post/0

What a nightmare. Have spent more hours than I have wanted to the last 7 years with Dell customer service with my last 2 computers.

The outsourced customer service is the worst...I love when i get yelled at because I know more than their computer screen does and they get lost

Would you like a strawberry squishie with that TV?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokings /forum/post/0

Here in NY there was an article written about the customer support in India in NewsDay and it quoted several individuals who worked at these call centers who are Indian. They were saying in this article how rude Americans are on the phone.

In my experiences, I am very polite until they get rude with me. Dell support sucks and I have started using their chat with a representative online rather than call.. It is just as hard on there.

I wish I never purchased the original TV, BUT they have upgraded me to a 37" over 2 years. Now, if only the TVs would work for more than 2 months, I could stop getting pissed.

Dell ships more LCD TVs than any other manufacturer so you would think their product would be stable. There is no way that I just keep getting defective ones.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.