AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just called Cory and I was told everyone that ordered and received an order confirmation (not order authorization - more about this below) will receive their LT150(s) at the very low price. Most of the LT150's should be shipped out by Friday August 3.

To all of you who have received your LT150(s) already and to all of us who will be receiving ours soon, we just got the buy of the quarter. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

This appears to have been a pricing mistake by the third party vender (TD).

He also stated the only people who will not be able to take advantage of the price are the ones who ordered from the web site and received a order authorization and not an order confirmation/order number.

-Shawn

·
Registered
522 Posts
But I ordered from the website and got an order authorization.... then this morning got an order confirmation with an estimated ship date of 8/1. So I'm not sure what your comments mean since last night I was in the "not going to get it" category and now it looks like I'm in the "going to get it" category. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

·
Registered
38 Posts
Textf>

I Just got the same email from Dell with a ship date of 8/1/01 also!!!!

I ordered on line on the 22nd.

Hopefully they will ALL ship!!!

Just wanted to add to the madness.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I ordered over the phone on Moday for $1682.40. I have an order number and was able to register it over their (totally worthless) "OrderWatch" service. I hope that means I am in.

·
Registered
915 Posts
I'd like some clarification on this too. I ordered one by phone early Monday morning - was given the low price, and an order confirmation number.

I went to the dell order tracking site just now, and the order is in stage 3 - Delivery Prep. It's been there since Tuesday. There is no delivery estimated ship date or delivery date.

Is he saying that these orders will no longer be honored?

If that's the case, then those of us waiting for those orders got really screwed, because we also missed the $2112 offer, which has also expired, while waiting for our cheaper ones.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just got an email update from Dell saying my order that

was placed at 8.30am on 7/23/01 will have an ETA ship date

of 8/13/01. Hmmmm...we shall see if it gets shipped..

Too bad it ships after 8/13 as I was hoping to use the

free leather carry case coupon offered by NEC.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
FWIW, I ordered on the web site on Thursday afternoon, but I didn't get a conf number. So I called on Monday, and got an order #. But my order says it was placed on Monday, 7/23, not Thursday. I was originally told the ship date would be 7/26, but I got e-mail yesterday saying it had slipped to 8/9 (!).

I complained to a few people, but to no avail.

Mike

------------------

Join the NYC-area HT club! Send me e-mail!

·
Registered
774 Posts
I'm in the same situation as you Mike.

Ordered on Thursday, no order number sent. Four calls to Dell later and my order was finally entered (correctly?) by a Dell sales rep on Monday.

I waver between being PO'ed and being grateful that I got in on the deal. If I eventually get mine, I'm sure grateful will win out. :)

Has anyone tried to call NEC to see if there is any way to get on the list for the free bag even though the projector might not deliver until after the 10th? Might be worth a shot.

-- Greg

·
Registered
93 Posts
Since I've missed out on the Dell bargain, where's the next best place to get an LT150 at a good price? Dell's current price on the website is $2,640 (missed out on the 20% discount as well). Does anyone carry a better price than this?

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
There a few of these going on eBay. Last one went for $2600 with the Buy now feature from a fellow forum member. I think he has 3 more to sell.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Seems maybe I am the last one to place the order,don't know if I can get it.

I placed my order 7/24/01 6:18:24 PM,and got the "Acknowledgement of receipt" mail immediately,

got order confirmation mail July 26, 2001 5:24 PM

with an order number but no expected ship date.

Since the second mail didn't mention the price at all,I'm not even sure whether I got the $1701 price.

The order status on DELL.COM says my order is still "delivery prep",no estimated ship date.

I don't know if this is normal.Should I do something?

·
Registered
93 Posts
jonmx,

care to post a link to the ebay items? I did a search but am unsure if the ones I found were the ones you were talking about.

tnx.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Right now there are only two active eBay LT150 auctions. Both are sitting at about $1250. The three other projectors from the forum member will likely go up pretty soon, he just put up one the first time.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I, too, sat in Acknowledgement-of-Receipt hell for a couple days, then got through to Sales at the 877-773-3355 number after a huge hold. Trevor Hoyle manually reentered my information ($1701), and I quickly got an Order Confirmation email with a link to the Order Status page at Dell.

My order had been in Delivery Prep (stage 3) for 2 days, so I called the 877 number again (40 minutes of an originally estimated 23 on hold), and was told by a pleasant-sounding person that my order will ship on 7/30.

I don't know if my expressed need to do a presentation on Aug 1 had anything to do with the delivery date assigned. I also paid for 2nd day air; I wonder if they paid attention to that. I was told there is no way I could upgrade shipping to Next-Day, which would be desirable for me. The website still shows no shipment information available.

I hope this means I might still have a chance at the NEC case.

-yogaman

·
Registered
93 Posts
I know the lt150 is only 3.3 lbs. However, I'll have to order this overseas (no vendors here in Riyadh) and would need the following info for shipping purposes:

1. Shipping Weight (box plus everything in it)

2. Shipping Dimension (outside box dimension)

Thanks.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I ordered from Cory on Monday and have been in Delivery Prep since Tuesday. I called Customer Service today and, after an eternity, also spoke to a "pleasant sounding" person who assured me that it would ship on Mon, 7/30. Maybe she is right. Who knows? At $1700, I will be glad if and when I get it.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I FINALLY received confirmation on a 8/1 delivery date for the 4 LT-150s that I bought for resale. I bought these strictly to offer for resale to people who couldn't get in on the deal. Anyone who's interested should send me personal mail - $2,500 or the 4 best offers, contingent of course on Dell actually delivering these things.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I just called the 877-773-3355 number and talked to a customer service rep. She couldn't tell me anything about the order except that it has been sent to the "manufacturer" and she could not give me an estimated shipping date. She appologized for not having more information and suggested calling back later. Still in limbo...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.