AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'm currently running Windows 7 RC x64 on my Dell Vostro 220s (P4 2.8GHz / 4GB RAM) with the intention of this machine being my media center and hook it up to my plasma TV. The problem that I'm facing is that whenever I have the AverTVHD Duet card installed, it locks up my machine whenever I do a channel scan in Windows Media Center or during any normal computer usage (web surfing, etc).

I have the card installed in the x1 PCI Express slot since I currently have a Radeon 4550 in the x16 slot. I've already gone through troubleshooting by testing the card in another machine and I've found that it works perfectly and doesn't lock up that machine. So I've also tried removing all of the devices in the Vostro 220s individually ie. DVD-ROM, removed pci-e video card and used the onboard video, swapping the memory, swapping for a larger power supply, and moving the tv tuner card to the x16 slot but it still doesn't fix the problem. One thing I've noticed is that the USB devices all get disabled once the computer locks up...

I did download the latest drivers from Avermedia-usa.com version 1.3.64.74 as well as updating the BIOS for the Vostro to 1.1.4.

I lastly tried disabling the card from the Device Manager and it still locks up my machine.. so for now, I've removed the card so that I can actually use the machine. It appears to be a system incompatibility between the card and the system.

I'm wondering if anyone here has this same setup and if they have ever run into these issues and what they did to make it work? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I have a Win7 Vostro 220S with a tuner card, but it was not an AverMedia.

I should check and see if a channel scan works. I suspect your problem is due to a fault in AverMedia's driver.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts