AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this on another forum and no one responded, looking to order today so any response would be helpful.

My friend is buying a Dell Zino HD. The choice has been made, he doesn't want to build, and he wants something very small, with a reasonable budget. He wants the $299 model, but this is also going to be used almost exclusively as a HTPC, so it comes down to the video chipsets. This will be hooked up to a HDTV via HDMI.

Since there will be no gaming, I don't know if there is any real difference in these options. I'm only really concerned if there are differences in terms of HD video streaming (720p/1080p/netflix/hulu/xbmc) and audio qualities. Can anybody shed any light on which he should be going for? I Googled a lot and read a bunch, but nothing specifically compared models, and I don't really know what to be looking for, I know they can all play HD video, but that's about it. I'm only including the CPU's because I know that can influence the video. I know in the full desktop cards the 5xxx line can do everything over HDMI, but i'm not sure if the same applies to the mobility line. The models are:

AMD Dual Core Athlon X2 3250e with Radeon HD 3200 Mobility ($299)

AMD Athlon II X2 P340 with ATI HD 4250 Mobility Radeon ($299/$399)

AMD Athlon II X2 P340 with ATI HD 5450 Mobility Radeon ($499)

Thank You.

edit: Kept reading on the forums, I may have answered the question. It looks like the 5450 offers more audio options, but in terms of video is about the same as the 4250.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.