AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a Delta 410 to complement my new HTPC (building in progress).

At the moment I am just swapping old parts in the current PC waiting for the DIGN chassis

HTPC components

- DIGN chassis

- ATI Radeon 7500

- Asus Motherboard + 1.8 Northwood Pentium 4

- Delta 410 soundcard

- Falcon capture card

- Maxtor 160GB ATA/133 5400RPM Hard Drive

*outputting video to a NEC LT150z

*outputting audio to unknown integrated amplifier (still to decide), connected to Kef Q55.2 2 front, 2 back, 2 center (front and back) one subwoofer

Software:

- WinXP

- Dscaler for Satellite channels

- ZoomPlayer with ATI 7.5 video filters and PowerDVD 4XP audio filters for DVD and other media (avi, mpeg etc)

- WinAmp for HDbased music, ripped CDs etc

THE PLAN:

- in a separate room I have an ARCAM AVR100 integrated amplifier, with Tape and CD Player and Satellite channel and dvd player connected to it.

- I want to connect the 2 audio outs (AMP) to the 2 audio inputs on the Maudio card and the video out (AMP) to the video in on the Falcon. This way I will be able to have audio and video from TV channels and my Star Wars tapes ;)

- then I will connect the SPDIF out to the 6:1 capable amplifier (I was thinking to the Denon AVR-3802) for audio reproduction in the HT Room (where my HTPC and the projector will be relocated)

- then I will connect the 4 couples (L/R) of outputs to other amplifiers in other 4 zones, so I will be able to drive all music in the house (for example, I can play a CD in the front room where my Arcam AVR100 is, and feed it to the HTPC upstairs, and that will feed it to other 4 zones (total 6 zones).

Question:

Some people reported problems with Denon amplifiers, and Audiophile soundcard... does anyone have the Delta 410 and Denon AVR-3802 combo?

Are you happy with it?

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
"Some people reported problems with Denon amplifiers, and Audiophile soundcard... does anyone have the Delta 410 and Denon AVR-3802 combo?"

My Delta 410 works perfectly with a Denon AVR-3801.

·
Registered
130 Posts
OK, I'll chime in as well... My 410 connected to my Denon AVR5803 works flawlessly. ;)

Ken

PS BTW, the new 5803 is friggin' sweeeet! :)

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well, I better put my order in then.... ;)

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anyone using the SPDIF with Zoom Player and the Delta 410?

I have heard mixed reports. I need to try myself, but at the moment I am saving for a new amp, and the other one is downstairs... will probably bring the PC down for some testing soon.

My ideal setup will be using Ati 7.5 video filters coupled with Power DVD 4.0 audio filter and the ZoomPlayer interface, all via SPDIF.

Anyone with this setup already on the 410? Did you create a custom graph? Are you using WindowsXP?

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Since it appears a few members are running a Delta 410 as an analog audio source, it would be nice to get some feedback on performance level. What level of audio performance does the Delta 410 provide? Compared to conventional cd/SACD playback?

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have a look at this thread for Delta 410 users that have gone down the analogue route for their system...

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=124501

There are quite a few audiophiles in there... it seems to me they are very happy with it..

I bought the 410 for a completely different use.

Firstly I think that the picture of PowerDVD is too soft compared to the ATI player video filter, so I am forced in using a combo of video filter from ATI and audio filter from PowerDVD. Doing so I lose the analogue OUT option, unfortunately, but that might change in the future.

What I want to do instead is use my PC with it's 4 L/R out and it's SPDIF out to link it to various amps in different rooms, so I can have music playing on all the rooms, or different tunes in different rooms (a multiroom audio system). For more info on that, have a look on the below thread

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=122180

If you want to know more about the relative performance, message Bill Gaw2, if I remember correctly, he is a audio guru...

see the discussion we had a while ago about audio and computers in
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...ghlight=gnollo

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bump

^^^^

Anyone using the SPDIF with Zoom Player and the Delta 410?

My ideal setup will be using Ati 7.5 video filters coupled with Power DVD 4.0 audio filter and the ZoomPlayer interface, all via SPDIF.

Anyone with this setup already on the 410? Did you create a custom graph? Are you using WindowsXP?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.