AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I visited Music Line 2001 exhibition today and was pleasantly surprised to see Delta 410 (aka Delta Theater) card on display in Midiman booth. When I asked about buying it they took me to soundcontrol's stand, who offered the card at £199 (inc VAT and delivery).

Both Midiman and soundcontrol person firmly promised card to arrive in 10-14 days.

I think they would offer cards at the same price after the show. Those interested should call John on +44 (113) 242 6601 (Leeds shop).

For those who don't need 8 channels but still wish M-Audio quality, there is Audiophile card for £119 (inc VAT) at TurnKey .

·
Registered
283 Posts
Wow, if they had them ex stock I'd be on the road to Birmingham first thing, but I think I'll just wait till they have been seen in the wild......

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
Branxx,

I just emailed this thread to the CEO of M Audio/Midiman asking what is going on in the UK.

If Digital Connection does not receive Theater cards from the first production run for our customers I’m going to be really pissed.

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
Branxx,

Did they actually call it the Delta Theater card or was if the Delta 410?

It is my understanding the card will first be released as the 410 and later re-released as the Delta Theater when the advance user controls in the software are completed.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Cliff,

I spoke to Midiman UK last week and they are calling it the Delta 410, expected retail at £250 inc tax, so I guess a retail of £200 is perfectly possible. They said they are expecting stock in a fortnight. They don't think the UK retail version will have Powerdvd XP as standard, that is a US deal I think. The Delta 1010 does not ship with Powerdvd here.

Dan

·
Registered
165 Posts
Cliff,

Forgot to ask, Do you think it will be worthwhile changing from the 1010 to a Delta 410, or Delta Theatre? I assume the analogue out audio quality of the 1010 is still better than the 410, am I right in this assumption?

Dan

·
Registered
407 Posts
Oooh! Interesting. I'm going to keep an eye on this thread :) I've just blown a small fortune on a pair of glasses and yet another mobo, so it'll have to wait, but...

·
Registered
283 Posts
If I understand the info on the german site correctly rendered into interesting english here then this card is using the same technolgy as the 1010 so should be much the same quality (albeit running from the PCI card rather than via a breakout box):D.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cliff,

My invoice describes the card as Delta 410. I'm not sure which software is bundled with it.

Price I paid (£199) is a special show offer. Normal price suppose to be £229.

Midiman rep described the card as 2-in/8-out. He said they have only one sample on display.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, today my Delta 410 arrived. The card comes with the break-out cables, driver CD and Maximum Audio Tools CD.

I haven't had time to try the card, but I'm awfully please that it has finally arrived.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.