AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search and didn't find anything.

Has anyone tried a Da-Lite Deluxe Model B?

It is a tensioned pulldown, relatively cheap.

Does it eliminate the waves and wrinkles problems?

Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
the tensioning system in the model B deluxe consists of a folding metal tensioning arm that runs down the middle of the back of the screen. essentially, this arm applies downward pressure to the middle of the lower slat bar. the effect is similar to hanging a weight from the screen pull. it is not like the tab-tensioned screens which apply tension to the fabric from the sides. i haven't seen one recently, so i probably shouldn't comment on how well it works. but, if this simple system were able to produce a flat screen surface, one would be at pains to explain why so much has been invested in the more elaborate and expensive tab-tensioning systems.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hi

I'm on my second of these crinkly beasts. Unfortunately, the first developed a V down the middle, exactly where the tensioning bar pulled it. The second has a number of vertical wrinkles. It really depends on how much you want/have to spend. I live with it because it's still MILES better than the TV and I haven't had the chance to look at alternatives.

Mick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.