AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to see the demo of DS1(3010Z here in Europe) next Friday.

This organisation is not specialized in HT; they say, however, that they shall do a demo with a DVD player connected to the projector.

View all the criticism for this belated model and especially its much discussed low contrast ratio, what defaults should I be looking at especially? Softer picture? Soft edges, especially at the background? Should I bring a particular DVD with me?

The D ILA technology is(practically) not known in Europe and, for my part, I have never seen a G10/11/15 perform;

so I won't be able to compare this 3010 with earlier models.

However another much discussed model shall be demoed for me too-Sanyo PLV 60. It looks like it has great reviews...so I am pretty inclined, too..

As this time I decided to take a plunge and this company has decent prices-$7,3K for 3010z and $6,2K for PLV 60 I'll have to make a decision on the spot!!

Your input is more then welcome..

A

·
Premium Member
16,981 Posts
While I have not personally scene these projectors I have a good guess as to which one will have the better picture.

The PLV 60 is built for the HT and the DS1 is not.

Even JVC has come forward saying this projector does not have the contrast we expect for HT. On the other hane the DS1 makes for a good high resolution presentation projector.

Let us know your findings. You will be one of the first to see this combo side by side!!!

------------------

Alan Gouger

Thanks for supporting AV Science.
www.avscience.com

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Quote:
have to make a decision on the spot!!
Although there are times when decisions need to be made looking at two projectors that may not been setup to their limits in a dealer who has already admitted that they are not HT orientated is not a good idea...

Take time to view, consider, consult, and review.... How ever you cut it 6-7.5k is a lot of anyones money

------------------

[email protected]
HTPC without using windows... GUI Front Ends for Home Theater

·
Registered
589 Posts
Alexandre,

Did you see or buy the PLV 60 (and/or 3010).

Details would be appreciated.

------------------

Jim Story

Live long and Prosper

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.