AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wanting to know where a person can buy a good demo dvd like the ones you see at the audio/video stores. I would like to have a DD, DTS both.

Thanks

Mark

·
Registered
23 Posts
Has anyone here bought the Explore Our World DVD from DD? Just curious if it's worth 20 bucks??

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
I just picked up a GREAT Fox demo disc from Best Buy. The best part, it was free. It also has a THX optimizer for anyone who needs it.

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by sangs
I just picked up a GREAT Fox demo disc from Best Buy. The best part, it was free. It also has a THX optimizer for anyone who needs it.
I started a thread about this a couple of weeks ago. The PQ is the best I have seen on DVD. Plant of the Apes' clips are so superior to the DVD's release to make it all but un watchable. If anyone wants to see the best possible reference PQ on there system this is the DVD.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by William
I started a thread about this a couple of weeks ago. The PQ is the best I have seen on DVD. Plant of the Apes' clips are so superior to the DVD's release to make it all but un watchable. If anyone wants to see the best possible reference PQ on there system this is the DVD.
It was with that thread in mind that I picked up the Fox DVD today as a matter of fact when I saw it on display by the register, so thank you William! It was the first time I'd actually seen it on the shelves. Also, a lady behind me saw me pick it up and went over, picked one up and put it back down. She said, "Why do you want that?" I told her I'd read about it and that it did a great job of showing of somebody's system. She said, "Yeah, but it's not a movie." And I said, "True, but it is free." She said, "What, free?" Then proceeded to take three - one for her and for her two brothers.

·
Registered
235 Posts
so they still have them at best buy?

anyone know how long this offer goes for, i cant make it to one till next week think thatll be to late?

thanks for the info

-Chuck

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by sangs
Very cool disc. I'm putting together my system and it has been very useful. But where did you get it for free? My rip-off Best Buy was charging full price ($0.01) for it :)

·
Registered
196 Posts
If you try ebay you search for "dolby demo" "dts demo" or "thx demo" and there's a bunch of different discs people are selling.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Check out this site. They have some outstanding visual DVDs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.