AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the oportunity to buy a Demo Sharp 9K for the same money as a new Sony HS-10.

I se all of you have many oppinions about everything.

What about this one?

Which one will give me best value for money and be most attractive on the second hand market if i want to upgrade?

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
9000!

·
Registered
569 Posts
If money is no object and you have plenty of time to worry about projector issues and you don't forsee replacing it soon and you want to impress your friends, then get the 9000. Otherwise, get the 9000!:D

·
Registered
105 Posts
I think what you really need is to see them both and judge by your own eyes.

I have seen 3 9000s, I am not impressed by any one of them. Never judge anything by it's price or value claim by dealer/factory.

I have never seen a hs10, but I heard many people saying it's equal or even better than 11ht, if this is ture, I will go for a hs10, since I saw 11ht several times and it's better than 9000.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I've spent time watching both in calibrated, home environments. For most situations it's no contest - the Sharp looks much better. The only reasons to get the Sony would be if you need the extra brightness or you are particularly worried about HDCP.

-Dylan

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
The Sharp is a bit dull looking so I would say that you would want an environment that is pretty light-protected. You also might want a progressive scan DVD player since the 9000 does not have the latest deinterlacing.

However, overall, the 9000 is the better choice.

Good luck.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all out there.

I need to have a look at the demo unit one more time and probably i will go for the sharp!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.