AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I forget whose meet this was... but someone put on a modern western where the gun shots were particularly crisp and great for the demo.

It wasn't pale rider, but similar scene in which a shootout was happening amongst gunfighters sneaking around buildings... I remember a side by side 12 gauge going thru a door...

Anyway, if anyone can remember... let me know. I want to run the demo here.

·
Banned
8,123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzucc
I forget whose meet this was... but someone put on a modern western where the gun shots were particularly crisp and great for the demo.

It wasn't pale rider, but similar scene in which a shootout was happening amongst gunfighters sneaking around buildings... I remember a side by side 12 gauge going thru a door...

Anyway, if anyone can remember... let me know. I want to run the demo here.

It was at my house and it was The Matrix as demoed by Michael Grant.

I am pretty sure that it was the first Matrix. Michael can tell you what scene it was or else just check the index on the movie.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzucc
Sounds to me from the description it was 'Open Range' with Kevin Costner and Robert Duvall.

That movie's shoot-out is widely used for demo scenes.

·
Registered
10,201 Posts
Well, we did do the lobby shootout in the Matrix, and the gunshots were quite striking. (No pun intended.) But it doesn't sound quite like what tzucc is describing. Still, if you are looking for good gunshots, that's the one.

Also, there is a fight scene in Matrix Reloaded that begins with gunshots. It actually begins a rather nice action sequence that includes the freeway chase scene.

·
Banned
8,123 Posts
Quote:
Also, there is a fight scene in Matrix Reloaded that begins with gunshots. It actually begins a rather nice action sequence that includes the freeway chase scene.
I am certain that this is the one to which you refer.

·
Registered
10,201 Posts
Oh, yes, that's right. We didn't do the lobby shootout at all. But it is another good one, not just for the gunshots themselves but when the casings hit the floor.

·
Banned
8,123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Grant
Oh, yes, that's right. We didn't do the lobby shootout at all. But it is another good one, not just for the gunshots themselves but when the casings hit the floor.

That is the one that I remember

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I was not there, but I think I remember reading that you guys actually demo'ed the freeway chase scene in Matrix II.

---------------------------------------

Ron Party

·
Banned
8,123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Party
I was not there, but I think I remember reading that you guys actually demo'ed the freeway chase scene in Matrix II.

---------------------------------------

Ron Party
That's it

·
Premium Member
7,399 Posts
The Freeway chase scene is my favorite D-BOX Odyssee demo - way intense.

Open Range is the western with the greatest gunshot sounds. The DTS track is supurb.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
for sure it is not Matrix... this was a western. I particularly remember a 12 gauge shooting through a door... I think in fact it was Open Range... and perhaps the demo was in fact at CES.

Thanks all. Off to rent Open Range...

·
Premium Member
7,399 Posts
Fpar95 and I mentioned it was Open Range. You may want to check out that one, OB. It has some incredible gunshots.

·
Registered
353 Posts
One gun fight demo you guys should try is the downtown shootout after the bank heist from the movie "Heat". I haven't tried it on a reference HT system, but I can only imagine that the cavernous blasts of the automatic machine guns echoing through downtown LA would be spectacular on a big multichannel Wilson system...

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah well too many late late nights ... I was pretty fuzzy when I asked the question. If Poindexter hadn't mentioned Open Range, I still would be at a loss.

Dizzman... I have not heard of the Maynard/Schuur disc... do you have a link? I'll do some googling and see if I can find some mention of it.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.