AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, I'm looking for some good-sounding 5.1 channel music demos of some kind to download. I'm midly interested in SACD/DVD-A and other kinds of multichannel, high-res music, but I'd actually like to demo it first, if at all possible.

If anybody can point me to some freely-available, LEGAL, multichannel audio (demos, individual's music, freely available small bands, etc) I would be extremely grateful.

There was a thread I read some time ago, that I can't find anymore, where somebody was releasing his own multichannel music that he'd wrote and recorded himself. Anybody have a link to that thread handy?

Please not that I'm not asking for pirated audio of any kind, so please don't post it, as I don't want this thread locked, and don't look forward to a vacation :eek:

Thanks!

Ben

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Assuming you have a 5.1 audio card, Peter Gabriel's site may still have his UP album downloadable in WMA9 Pro (5.1). I downloaded it prior to its release back in late 2004 I think (now its an SACD). Great.

Penteo's site has 5.1 demos.

penteo.us.com

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, thanks, I'll look into them.

What do you mean by "5.1 soundcard"? I have my soundcard(AV710) connected to my HTPC using analog cables to the 5.1 inputs for games and wmv pro multichannel, and optical for DVD DD/DTS passthrough.

Thanks again for the suggestions!

Ben

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Sounds like you've got what's needed. I simply meant a soundcard capable of passing 5.1, which yours seems like it does in spades.

·
Registered
38 Posts
True hi-rez multi-channel SACD or DVD-A (with MLC coding) cannot be downloaded currently. There are some artists that are releasing 24 bit 96 khz material on line which you can burn onto DVD-A, like Steve Kimock, but it is not Meridian Loseless Compression material nor is it in 5.1 surround.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.