AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to demo some digital projectors in the LA and San Diego area. Any recommendations? A phone number would ne nice if you have that info.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Genesis Audio near the El Toro "Y" has Runco projectors on display. But nothing else to compare them to. But they are showing them on Firehawks, so you can see that combo in action. Ambrosia Audio in Bel Air has the Marantz unit that everyone is talking about, but last I saw it was only showing on an "off white/grey wall". Still a good picture though.

Sorry, no numbers. Hope this helps some.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
There is a place called Outreaching Sound in Laguna Hills that I think has the Sharp 9000 and some other projectors. They are very close to Genesis (which will charge you an arm and a leg). There is a place on Beach Blvd. that also has the Sharp 9000 set up. I believe it is called Audio/Video Today. It is on Beach Blvd. between the 5 and 405. I believe that ReelTime in Dana Point also has one or two projetors set up, probably DLP's. I think that Ken Crane's (several locations) has digital projectors at some of their locations. There is a place called Multi-Television Services in Anaheim (ask for Daryl at 714-693-0755) that also has projectors. They had the Seleco DLP up for quite a while; not sure what they have now. If I think of any more, I'll let you know.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The Great Indoors is in the process of setting up a Sharp 9000. The projector is mounted, but they are moving VERY slowly on mount the Firehawk screen.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Evolution Audio in Agoura Hills has the Integra, HT300, and Runco on display (nice guys too!).

Wilshire Home Video in Thousand Oaks has the Sharp.

Anyone know where you can preview the HP XB31 in So. CA?

·
Registered
110 Posts
LA Audio Video in... you guessed it.. LA has some PJs. You might want to call them ahead to make sure both are hooked up. They are a pretty high end store too.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Quote:
ReelTime in Dana Point also has one or two projetors set up, probably DLP's
They have a Yamaha set up. However, the are the rudest group of people I've ever dealt with, and would be very hesitant to buy from them. They had no interest in providing assistance and were rude when I asked them if they would turn on the projector.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Genesis Audio is located just of the Lake Forest Blvd off I-5 south. It is where I-405 & I-5 meet. You will see Genesis as you come down the exit ramp on your right... Ron AZ

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Clark, I also had a very unforntunate experience with ReelTime. I would go there only to look at a projector, assuming that they know where it is in their store and will show it to you. As for Genesis, I would go there only to view a projector also. If you want any real assistance there, better wear a suit and a tie and act like you don't care about paying MSRP or above. In fact, most of the places cited in Orange County on this thread are good places to look, but not necessarily to buy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.