AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have been lurking around here for a few months and am getting fairly close to making a decision on a FP. I will be starting work on my HT in the next couple months and am having some real trouble finding anywhere that has some decent FP demo's so I can see these things in action.

I am looking seriously at the Panny 300, but am very open to moving up or down in price depending on performance. Within my budget I could very well be interested in everything from the X1, Z1, 300, 500, HS10/20.

The only thing locally I could find is at Hill's here in Burlington and it was a Panny 300. I was quite pleased with the image but need to see more to make a decision.

If anyone has an ideas on where I can actually see more of these things in action it would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Brent

·
Registered
110 Posts
Fairview HiFi (Burlington) - Sharp DT200 and Toshiba's version of the Infocus X1 and 5700 ( I don't know the model numbers)

East Hamilton Radio - Sharp DT200, Infocus Screenplay 110 (not sure on this one) and AE100 (might be sold by now)

Avdeals (Oakville)- will demo the Infocus X1 or Studio Experience 1HD (Sanyo Z1)

Gibby's (St. Catharines) - Sharp DT 200, Runco

Better Music (St. Catharines) - Runco

Hills TV (Hamilton) - Had a Sony running last time I was there but not the HS10.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I bought AV Deals demo X1 - so you might want to call to make sure they still have one - he told me he was going to stop selling them so agressively as he doesn't make any money off them (yeah whatever!).

There's another store in Burlington at Brant and I believe it's Plains Rd - 2nd set of lights south of the QEW exit (forgive me but my Burlington street name knowledge is pretty bad). Those guys are very helpfull but wouldn't sell me an X1 as they don't make enough money on it (according to the sales person).

Lastly, Mt. Pleasant Audio/Video (Mt. Pleasant just north of Davisville) has a good selection of units, but they tend to be more high end units.

If you want a demo of the X1 drop me a line at [email protected] - I'm in Toronto though :)

·
Registered
333 Posts
I've noticed a couple of FP's hooked up at Canadian Sound in Brampton. I'm not sure what they were tho.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.