AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, Im a newbi and heres my situation. I have a Samsung Ln-s4696d on the way, I own a PS3 and will be up grading to Dishnetwork HD. I presently have a carver av-414 amp and Harmon Kardon Sign 2.0 preamp. I am considering the upgrade to the Dennon or Onkyo amps for the HDMI connections. I have heard that there are some issues with the recievers passing the 1080p signal, is that true? Will I lose any clarity running my HDMI thru the reciever to the TV. The receiver is the last part of my HT puzzle and I wanna make sure I get it right. Am I better off just running the audio to the amp and not messing with the HDMI calbles? I know theres alot of questions here, but I would really like some advice on which receiver would work best for my situation. Any help will be very helpful

Thanks

· Registered
701 Posts
The best solution is to use HDMI for audio for BD and HD DVD. For your other devices optical or digital coax is fine. I have the 2807 and haven't had any problems.

I run my HD DVD using component to the receiver. I have a HD DVD and BD player connected with HDMI. I have one HDMI output to my TV.

The 2807 will switch and output 1080p just fine. It will not upscale to 1080p though.

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the PS3 which of course will be running at 1080p and the Samsung is 1080p capable also. So will the Dennon, or Onkyo have problems transmitting this? I am not sure what BD is standing for (sorry, kinda new to all the terms)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.