Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am trying to use my Dennon 4802 for my home theatre which is simple and it works. But I am told that it has another output that can drive for example my speakers in the rest of my basement with the help of a speaker selector. the purpuse being that I may watch a DVD in one area and the rest of the rooms may have music thru a cd player connected to the Dennon

I am having a hard time setting it up and finally some one told me that it has to be changed each time you work with it.

Looking forward to the solution

Thanks

Reggie

·
Registered
432 Posts
Reggie,

Be advised that the source for the multi-room MUST be analog not digital. So if your CD player is connected to the 4802 by optical only, it would not be available for multi-room use. You would have to connect the CD player using its analog outputs into an available 4802 set of inputs in order to route it to the multi-room outputs. This little gotcha nails a lot of people. Good luck.

Austin

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Austin

Thanks very much for the reply. Indeed it works and has saved me a lot of time and money as I was just about to buy another receiver.

Thanks for your help.

Rajeev Nagpal

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.