AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one with the denon 1600 having trouble with the jurassic park dts disc? My disc start's to pixelate on chapter's 2 and 12. I was just hoping that maybe i got a bad disc and when i take it back the new one will work. Any one else have this problem?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have a Denon DVD1000 player that has problems with 3 movies, skipping, freezing, pixellating. I am not surprised with your situation. I sent my player back to Denon and after it still did the same things - so I got rid of my Denon DVD player.:)

I will never buy a Denon DVD player again - love their receivers, HATE their DVD players.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I have a 1600 and jurasic park collector's edition with dts. Don't have any problems viewing it.

Denon dvd players do seem picky with the disks (they dont like reading real dirty or scratched disks) but I love their sound and picture quality. So if you have poor condition disks, might want to go for a more forgiving player.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The only other disc i have had a problem with pixellating is pearl harbor and it only last's for a second. All the one's that i have seen on this sight that other people have had problem's with work great on the denon so i am kind of surprised by the jp disc. Maybe i will just take it back and see how the new one work's. Thank's for the reply's.

·
Registered
536 Posts
The problem with the JP DTS disc is with the Bass, not the pixellation.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I heard that the japanese reg. 2 Superbit version of JP was absolutely awesome... Maybe it is time for a little upgrade if you can affod it ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.