Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent days reading all the DVD posts.

It looks liek the Denon DVD 1600 has the most positive posts with no one ever finding anything wrong with it.

The cost is $280- to $350 according to www.pricegrabber.com

THe key is that is it is a current model. There may have been better Panasonics but they are long gone.

The DVI units may look good, but there are so many posts pointing out issues that, they came in later when totaling the votes based on threads.

I have $250 to $330 budgeted to spend. I do have one DVI port put I plan to use that on the new DBS Sat boxes.

Unless anyone can come up with a good reason to buy something newer and better, I plan to order the Denon 1600 in 48 Hours.

Thanks again for everyones help out there, I never would of thought of looking at a Denon till now.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I plan to order Monday in time for a B Day.

Looks like 6th Ave is the only one in stock at a normal to low price that is authorized.

I rather order from Crutchfields due to there great customer service.

Any one hear of 6th Ave?

·
Registered
391 Posts
I got my Denon 3802 from them a year or so ago.Called them on the phone answered all my questions,good price & shipped that day.Came on schedule and DOUBLE boxed.I would buy from them again.

They are also an authorized Denon Dealer.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ScottChez
Denon DVD 1600 has the most positive posts with no one ever finding anything wrong with it.
There is only an optical out no coax and the "screen saver" is a big blue screen. Those are my only two complaints.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I stopped by Tweeter and Goodguys to check out their pricing on the Denon 1600. Neither had any in stock and both offered to sell me the display model. You will laugh because you follow this forum and know better, Tweeter warted $375 and Good Guys $400 for their floor model with scratches.

6th Avenue seems like the best bet. These will be getting hard to find.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
With the good Panasonics long Disco'ed and the Bravos with so many Lock up problems this is the only good DVD in the Price range left.

Everyone is currently sold out- 6th Ave and CrutchFields is taking orders for a Sept 22-23 ship date.

Everyone else has started marking it up an extra $100 which makes sence since it is the only good model in the price range left that does not have all those DVI player issues.

Plus for those that have a RPTV, this is the one to get. DVI will not help much.

·
Registered
210 Posts
i'm curious...i've seen the panasonic xp30 for $220. isn't it the same as the denon 1600...besides not having the dvd-a audio?

why all the hype for the denon...since it's almost $100 more? or maybe people can't find the panasonic player anymore?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I looked all over for a Pana xp30

Seems like they have gotten out of the high end models and only sell the cheaper ones now.

The XP30s on ebay seemed high priced for used.

·
Banned
3,539 Posts
I got a Panasonic XP30 on EBAY just this past week for $200, there is a brand new one (unopened box) listed there this week too - auction ends in about a week, top bid right now is around $150.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I must be lucky with DVD players. Purchased a xp30 on Ebay 2 months ago with "buy it now" for $150. Decided to get the DVD1600 at Crutchfield instead. Received that last week for $284 delivered and sold the xp30 on ebay for $200. Now before people think I am gloating there is a purpose to this post. If you order a DVD1600 at Crutchfield go to mastercard.com and register your card. There will be a link to save $20 dollars on your Crutchfield purchase over $200. You can preorder the DVD1600 and receive the discount. Additionally, if you are a first time shopper with Crutchfield and want to save another $20 dollars PM me and I will give you my referral number.

They claim they will get these in and they are the best electronics retailer on the web so there is hope

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.