AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a sony dbp-s580 blu-ray player and it's connected to my denon 1611 receiver, every time i play a blu-ray it says "Multi in BD"

It says that when I'm watching a DTS-HD or a TRUE-HD movie. What does that mean? and am i watching these movies in DTS-HD or TRUE-HD eventhough it just says Multi-IN BD?

Thanks, I'm confused

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin /forum/post/20847871

Hi JayFank, set your BD player HDMI Audio to "Auto" and BD Audio Mix to "Off".

OK, I just made the adjustments to those settings.

I just placed the dark knight blu-ray in, which says it is a TRUE-HD for 5.1 surround, and when I play it now, it no longer says Multi in, it says Dolby D. Should it say TRUE-HD or is Dolby D fine?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin /forum/post/20847956

Dark Knight as I recall defaulted to the standard DD track, so I had to manually select the TrueHD soundtrack under audio or language setting.

I'm sorry, but would I be doing that on the Blu-Ray or on the Denon settings?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK, thanks guys, I understand now. I made the changes to my BDP and have it resolved.

Like JChin said, on The Dark Knight you have to change it to Dolby TRUE-HD manually, as well as for Batman Begins, but Inception switches to DTS-HD automatically.

Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it, and hope I didn't come across as too much of a dummy.

Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.