AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I've been a lurker on this site for quite a while, which of course led me to spending much more than I had originally planned on a sound system 
 and reading some pretty epic home theater build threads.  Anyway, I'm new to posting so please take it easy on me!

The issue I'm having is trying to connect a Wii to my receiver using a WiiToHDMI  converter.  When I first plugged everything in, it seemed to work fine and I was able to play it for ~30 minutes.  After rebooting the Wii, I am now unable to get anything to show up on the tv (and don't hear any sounds) - instead it says something like 'No signal' on the television.  After reading through the forums, it sounds like I might be having some type of handshake issue but I really haven't been able to come to a concrete conclusion.

If anyone has any advice on what try or what might be wrong it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers 

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: I tried unplugging everything (HDMI and from wall) and now the TV doesn't detect a signal for anything, including the radio tuner so I am unable to even see the Denon GUI menu.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

A microprocessor reset was going to be my next step, but first I tried unplugging everything from the wall and unplugging the HDMI cable between the TV and the AVR (I had left this one the first time).  That seemed to fix the other inputs (DirecTV, BluRay, XBOX) so I tried the Wii again but still no luck.  After reading something on another thread (which I cannot find at the moment) it was suggested to try a longer cable (i.e. 10 or 12 feet).  The only cable I had was 6 feet (as opposed to the original 3 foot cable) and by some miracle it seems to work now... at least for the time being.  I ran it through quite a few power cycles and so far it's worked every time with the longer cable.  

I had previously tested with another 3 foot cable (which I stole from the DirecTV box so I knew for sure worked) and had no luck there so by that logic, I had determined the cable wasn't bad.  Anyway, I have no idea if there is an explanation for why it is working with a longer cable (I would love to hear one if anyone has any idea).

Mind completely boggled but it seems to be working now.  

1 - 4 of 4 Posts