AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys this is for my friends dad who is a little older and I'm trying to figure out how to run audio over the HDMI cable to it. I cannot for the life of NE figure out how to set the audio source for specific sources on the receiver. It has two HDMI inputs and 1 output and all they need is the blu ray player and the cable connected. I spent two hours doing this to no avail and I know it's going to be something stupid.

·
Premium Member
93,361 Posts
The HDMI and digital inputs are assignable, whereas the analog are not. So simply assign the HDMI and digital to the same source (p. 25). Although you may also want to consider simply connecting the HDMI cables directly to the TV with optical to the 1708. That way the 1708 doesn't have to been ON when someone just wants to watch TV without using the surround speakers (eg. news, sports).

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie /forum/post/0

The HDMI and digital inputs are assignable, whereas the analog are not. So simply assign the HDMI and digital to the same source (p. 25). Although you may also want to consider simply connecting the HDMI cables directly to the TV with optical to the 1708. That way the 1708 doesn't have to been ON when someone just wants to watch TV without using the surround speakers (eg. news, sports).

Then They would lose dolby digital and only have PLii since tv's can only output 2 channel I thought.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.