AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Denon 1713, and I get audio through the speakers (connected to the denon), and I get video on my tv (connected to the denon). The problem is, the hdmi out form the denon doesnt seem to carry a audio signal, it's as if it is being stripped, and only the video signal is being sent. I want to split the hdmi signal from the denon and send it to other tvs in the house, but I want them to have audio too, not just video.

Is there some option in the setup menu where I can tell the denon to NOT strip the audio signal?

Thanks

*Well I just found a "HDMI Audio out" option that I can set to TV or AVR. If its set to TV then I get sound to my tv, but not to my denon speakers... Is there no option for TV + AVR? I thought that was pretty standard on more receivers, do I need to firmware update or something?

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
You could always run a separate audio signal from

Your source into your TV.

I do this for my cable box, I don't always want my AVR

For casual TV viewing. I ran HDMI from cable box to

The TV, then optical from cable box into the AVR .

I simply turn the volume all the way down on the tv

When I want to listen to the AVR.

All of my other sources require the use of the AVR though.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The problem is, the other tvs are in other rooms, and there is only a HDMI cable running to them. So right now, if I want to watch tv in another room, I need to go into the denon menu, set it to tv, then when i go back to my main stereo, I need to go into the menu, set it back to AVR. Its a pain in the butt. Why oh why is there no option for TV + AVR....

I know Ive seen TV+AVR feature on some low end receivers... I paid a lot for this 1713... what the heck...

·
Premium Member
90,313 Posts
This is not a common feature on AVRs and with all Denon AVRs the same HDMI Audio Out setting applies, either "TV" or "AVR" but not both. The 3313CI (and newer X3000 and X4000) has a Zone 2 HDMI output which will pass the HDMI audio/video to another TV while using the surround speakers in the main zone. With the 1713, the best option is likely to use an 4x2 HDMI switch.

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=101&cp_id=10110&cs_id=1011002&p_id=5312&seq=1&format=2

1 - 4 of 4 Posts