Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hallo,

are there any users around who own a denon 1720? i know the player may not be that interesting to most users because of the lack of a digital video interface...

i only found one test on the web, where it performed quite wall.

review can be found on areadvd.de-website (sorry, cannot post a link yet)

abstract in english:

- very good de-interlacing

- better analogue and digital sound than denon 1910

- natural colors and exceptional contrast

- pleasant sharpness

- small video-eq

- trouble-free mp3 - playback

- simple usability

- faultless remote

looking forward to some opinions!

cheers

alex

·
Registered
12 Posts
I understood that the Denon 1910 perform better. Where do you want to connect to? Projector? HDTV? Do you want to use the progressive scan? I believe that the Denon 1710 is pretty good by just using the component output, and if your TV/Projector can handle the progressive scan, let it doing the job. Music wise, ie CDs, I have not idea.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi,

the better performance only relates to the sound (1720 makes better sound than 1910).

the review doesn't compare the picture of the two.

actually i'm only interested in a nice digital sound, my cd player (micromega stage 1 - french low - high end gear) won't be replaced.

i would connect the 1720 to my infocus x1 via component, and since the 1720 seems to do a nice de-interlacing-job and the x1-programming isn't the freshest i would feed the x1 progressive.

do you refer to the 'old' 1710 or the new '1720'?

alex

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think 1720 is just 1710 but multizone. So I can't comment on the sound, but to connect to the X1, won't you be better off with a good DVD player, ie with a good deinterlacer (Faroudja chip)?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sure, the quality would be better, but the 1720 is indeed good value... it's about half the price of the 1910 (with faroudja)...

btw - the x1 has a faroudja chip, but the old one (FI2200 or so).

what do you exactly mean by 'multizone'? do you refer to the region codes?

greets

alex

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.