AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody had a chance to compare these two receivers side by side?

I was looking at buying the Onkyo 595 or Denon 1802, but then Onkyo released their new model, the TX-SR600.

I don't really need component video switching or 6.1 sound. Do you think I should just save my $100 ($429 vs. $329 best online price) and get the 1802?

· Registered
101 Posts
Without a doubt, I think the Denon is the better model between these two. Just on the cleaner amp alone.

· Registered
54 Posts
To elaborate a bit.......

Check the specs. Granted you don't need 6.1, but why buy less when you can have it. The Onkyo has 192 kHz/24-bit DACs for L/R Channels and the Dennon doesn't. The Onkyo has 3 optical the Dennon only has 2. The Onkyo has DDEX and DTS-ES the Dennon doesn't. As you already know the Onkyo has 50Mhz component switching capability, the Dennon doesn't.

If none of this is important to you, then save a $150 and buy a firesale 595. Dennon's amps are no better than the Onkyo, don't beleive anything different.

· Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The reason I was thinking of buying less is.....

I purchased a Pioneer (granted, not in the league with Onkyo and Denon) 2 years ago for $350. Now it is selling for less than $200.

The 2802 retails for $300 more than the 1802. I figure with that extra money, I can just replace it when I need those features, instead of buying them now, and letting them depreciate.

As with any electronics purchase, there are decisions and regrets.

· Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's tough to listen to them, when they're not in your listening/HT room, you know.

I think I'm going to go with a refurbished TX-DS595. I can get it shipped to me for $286.

For under $300, I think I have a nice receiver that I didn't pay enough for that I'd mind tossing it in a few years.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.