Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I have a Panasonic XP30 DVD player hooked up to a Denon 1803. If I put the Denon in "direct" mode, I have sub output, if I put it in any other mode, the sub turns off :( Any ideas? TIA,

Sabre

·
Registered
836 Posts
Did you tell the denon that your speakers are large, and to only send the LFE to the subwoofer? By doing that you would only get sound from the sub when you are in Dolby digital, prologic II, DTS or direct.

If that is the case set all speakers to small, sub 'yes' or 'on'

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have all the speakers set to Large, so I'll try small tonight. According to the literature with the Energy Take 5.2 system, they say to specify it as large. I'll try it anyway to see if it makes a difference. Re sending the LFE to the sub: Where is the option to tell it this? I believe I have the sub set as on :/ Thanks for the help with this!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found the problem and figured I would post it back (sorry it took SO long)! In the 1803's setup, there is an options labeled "SW Mode", aka Sub Woofer Mode. I had this set to Norm, when it should have been set to Main+. Once set, everything functioned as it should :)

Take care,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.