Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I have a Denon 1805 5-disc changer that has the infamous random subtitle problem.. I have read on a couple forums that there is a fix to this problem, but haven't found any *actual* information on how to go about obtaining it.. I have tried emailing and calling Denon, but haven't got anywhere with that, so I am turning to the people in this forum in hopes that someone can help me out here.. I love this player, other than the subtitle problem, and if there *is* a fix for this, I would be extremely happy.. So, if anyone knows of how to get this fix, who I need to email, or call, or whatever, I would be very grateful!

Thanks!

-Ice

·
Registered
434 Posts
I have one , not worth the effort for a fix , I can go for weeks and never see the subtitles , besides , when it does happen it's not more then a second or two....... had mine over a year , great player I have never seen a layer change.......if , and when you have the set calibrated , mention to the calibrator to turn off the black level setting prior to calibration.....so ,after calibration you would play it with the black level off ..if , you are not calibrated , suit to taste.

Hope this helps , and don't worry about it.:)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine plays the same way.. Sometimes, I can go a few movies without seeing the subtitles... Sometimes, it happens twice a movie..

It doesn't bug me too much really, but if there happens to be an upgrade or fix for the player, I would love to get it..

Like I said, other than the little problem, I love this player..

I happened to come across a thread at hometheater.com that mentioned there was an upgrade, but not where to get it or who to contact.. Otherwise, I really haven't worried about the problem..

Either way, I'll still continue to enjoy my player.. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
There is a firmware fix for the subtitle problem. A local Denon dealer who also does Denon repairs did the firmware update, and since then (over a year ago now) I have not seen the problem.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes! I actually contacted Denon about a month ago (just trying to find out anything) and the person I emailed was very helpful and notified me of a firmware update and actually sent me the disc the next day!

I got it about a week later and it worked like a charm! I haven't got a single subtitle since the update! *knocks on wood*

I highly suggest contacting Denon if anyone still has this problem. It's very easy to do and doesn't take that long.

-Ice

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.