AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a little frustrated here. I recently Purchased and set up (Using BatPig's Denon setup guide to a TEE) a Denon 1908. I think I have done everything correctly but the Bass is extrememly weak, as in almost non existent. I am using an Older RCA 10" Powered Sub. This has two inputs (Right and left) so I am using a Y splitter to connect to the Denon Sub out.

I have the Crossover set to 100 for all speakers and the sub and the Sub gain all the way up to 15. I still barely get sub what am I doing wrong! Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
Some people have accidently hooked their sub to the sub INPUT. Double check that.

Make sure the sub's level is 1/2 way or so. Make sure the sub channel level on the receiver adjusts the sub's level, or something is wrong.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
Yes, I mean the volume knob on the sub.

One of the first things to test is that you can raise the level of the sub using the receiver's sub level control. That's a simple test to ensure that the sub is working as intended. If you can't do that, something is not right

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok I did all that and the bass is weak unless I turn the volume on the sub way up.. Im getting pissed

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
May be time to look at a new powered sub. I hear the BIC is affordable. Hsus seem quite reasonable too. Check out the Sub forum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts