AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi - i've had this unit for about 1 year (this is my 2nd unit - the first denon 1910, after a couple of days, started processing the video very oddly - posterization issues) .... anyway, this morning while watching TV, the unit made a couple of internal clicks (the kind you hear when it's switching modes or when it first starts up and is directing itself to the chosen output device) .... briefly switched itself out of "stereo" (which i had been using) came back to "stereo" after about 3 seconds and ... now NO sound at all. i get sound from zone 2 .... but it seems that my zone 1 failed and nothing can be heard from the zone 1 components - tv, dvd, roku, etc. it's still under warranty, but was wondering whether i could do any diagnostics before lugging the thing back to best buy.thanks for any input! much appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THAT WAS EXACTLY THE PROBLEM! lol i shoved the nozzle of a tiny air compressor i use to clean my camera sensors into the headphone jack and i heard a brief click and then the sound came on! lol you people on this forum are geniuses. or is that genii! thanks. i would never have thought of this fix in a million years!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.