AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Problems with Denon 1912 Reciever

Problem 1: Hooked up Wii to the reciever through the component on the back of the reciever, but where do you plug the audio cables in at?

Problem 2: Hooked up the TV through the optical on the back of the reciever, but don't know how to make the sound come out? What do I push to turn the sound on the reciever?

Problem 3: The remote doesn't seem to be working, well some buttons do like the power button. What does the amp button do? How do I make the remote start working again? It's brand new today.

·
Premium Member
93,361 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazydeazy /forum/post/20777323

Problems with Denon 1912 Reciever

Problem 1: Hooked up Wii to the reciever through the component on the back of the reciever, but where do you plug the audio cables in at?

Problem 2: Hooked up the TV through the optical on the back of the reciever, but don't know how to make the sound come out? What do I push to turn the sound on the reciever?

Problem 3: The remote doesn't seem to be working, well some buttons do like the power button. What does the amp button do? How do I make the remote start working again? It's brand new today.

1. Connect the Wii audio cable to one of the analog audio jacks and then "assign" the component video input to that same audio source name (eg. plug analog cable into DVD jack and then assign the component video to the DVD source).

2. The optical input "label" is TV so select the TV button on the remote.

3. To use the remote to control the amp features, you must first press the "AMP" button.

For more information on your new 1912, click on the XX12 Owner's thread linked in my sig and review the first 6 posts in that thread. If you have any further setup questions, post in that thread.

·
Banned
2,914 Posts
Yeah, I forgot that tidbit, you have to do it from a CD to get a PDF.

Is there at least a "quick start" sheet in the top of the box?

I was looking at the new Elite SC57(I think, the new "top" one) online the other day.

It doesn't come with a manual either, it comes with(which I couldn't believe) "Hook me up to the internet and we'll walk you through it."

Uhm, if you are "smart enough" to run the ethernet and get the "basics" hooked up, you probably don't need the "here is how you hook up an HDMI" spiel that I saw.

I decided I am no longer recommending Elite "internet manual" receivers. How frickin stupid is that?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.