3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

i'm looking for my first avr.

A preout for stereo

Airplay

Hdmi 1,4a

Online radios

Are the specs i'm looking for. The avrs on the title are the ones i could found my priority is marantz 1602 but not available on toronto bestbuy.

( a relative of mine is there and she has to find the shops easily any recommendations about other shops will be great help for me. )

·
Banned
38 Posts
Without knowing a budget we can't recommend another receiver as the only ones who use Airplay are Pioneer/Elite and Denon/Marantz.

So, if the 3312 is too expensive, there is nothing from Denon/Marantz to offer.

If the 1021 does what you want, the only thing you gain going to the Elite is a longer warranty(but you can't buy Elite online...you have to find one in a store).

·
Registered
12 Posts
The problem i have/had with the VSX-1021K is even though i could've gotten a stellar deal on it at Best Buy, if you read on the net, they have had some major issues with the amplifiers on said AVR. I didn't buy it for that reason.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrw3685 /forum/post/20848072

The problem i have/had with the VSX-1021K is even though i could've gotten a stellar deal on it at Best Buy, if you read on the net, they have had some major issues with the amplifiers on said AVR. I didn't buy it for that reason.

I didn't read anything about these issues. Can you give a link..

·
Banned
38 Posts
Pioneer/Elite's "issue" is that their power ratings aren't adding up to what they are promising. Yes they work, but not like expected. Essentially they have lowered the bar on themselves and put in "good stuff" but backed it up with a power supply that will leave you wanting more.

Think of the 1021 as a BMW 7 series...then you raise the hood and realize the BMW 1.6 liter 4 cylinder is in there...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.