AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a great deal on these speakers from Frys $117 ea. My reciever is an Denon 1913 that I just grabbed off of crutchfield for $374 new. My question is after purchasing this combo I found out that p363 are 4 ohm and my denon is rated for 6-16 ohm. So will I have the juice to drive these speakers and a Klipsch RW - 12D sub which I also grabbed from newegg for $279 new yesterday?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So jdsmoothie what exactly will happen if I try to play them louder will I damage my reciever? Will it just auto shut-off to protect itself I'm fairly new to all of this so I have a lot of questions lol.

·
Registered
12,310 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllWayzCustom  /t/1469502/denon-1913-enough-to-power-infinity-primus-p363s#post_23233443

I just got a great deal on these speakers from Frys $117 ea. My reciever is an Denon 1913 that I just grabbed off of crutchfield for $374 new. My question is after purchasing this combo I found out that p363 are 4 ohm and my denon is rated for 6-16 ohm. So will I have the juice to drive these speakers and a Klipsch RW - 12D sub which I also grabbed from newegg for $279 new yesterday?

The latest P363 are listed @ 8 Ohms on the Infinity factory site....

It is true in the past..
Certain Infinity loudspeakers were harder to drive but the Denon should do fine..

Key point is to make sure you have at least 3-4" for free-air clearance for the L/R sides and top to prevent thermal shutdown..

The other crucial factors to consider are:

Room size, average volume level, type of source material..

Just my $0.02... 👍 😉

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Code  /t/1469502/denon-1913-enough-to-power-infinity-primus-p363s#post_23234670

The latest P363 are listed @ 8 Ohms on the Infinity factory site....

It is true in the past..
Certain Infinity loudspeakers were harder to drive but the Denon should do fine..

Key point is to make sure you have at least 3-4" for free-air clearance for the L/R sides and top to prevent thermal shutdown..

The other crucial factors to consider are:

Room size, average volume level, type of source material..

Just my $0.02... 👍 😉

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts